• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Almost a Bunny DISASTER!!

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
I came back from shopping to find that Ryan had escaped from his pen and got in with Gordon Bennet and Aisling :shock:

They were all standing looking dazed. I picked Ryan up and immediately checked him over and apart from a scratch on his nose he seems OK. Both Gordon and Aisling seem to be uninjured too. Gordon just looked confused.....but that's his normal expression :lol:
I will check all three of them again later as its easy to miss small 'new' puncture wounds. But after a few hours they harden up and are easier to feel.

Oh my, an entire Buck going into the territory of a neutered bonded pair...... :shock: :shock:

Janex

You should have left them :shock: :shock: you would have then had an empty pen for another bunny :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Good job it wasn't more serious!

Hope everyone is ok Jane, they were obviously too shocked at his cheek to act :lol: !

I'll never forget my horror when my vet pulled o the small hard patch of skin on Jasper's bottom and it turned out it was a scab from where Honey had bitten him. It left a hole the size of a 20p and had to be stapled, I felt awful for not realising!

That's happened twice to me - a baby un-neutered boy (see Sparky on jill's RIN thread) got in with Polly & Alfie. Alfie sat there thumping, but Polly was grooming baby bun :shock: & the second time, my french lop X, jumped TWO pens. All the buns in the first pen, just stood there in shock - cos with Barley's big ears, she looked like she was flying :shock: :lol:

I'm really careful now to make sure no un-neutered males are in same room (although separate) as unspayed girls :oops: & Barley has a mesh roof :lol:

Angie65 said:
That's happened twice to me - a baby un-neutered boy (see Sparky on jill's RIN thread) got in with Polly & Alfie. Alfie sat there thumping, but Polly was grooming baby bun :shock: & the second time, my french lop X, jumped TWO pens. All the buns in the first pen, just stood there in shock - cos with Barley's big ears, she looked like she was flying :shock: :lol:

I'm really careful now to make sure no un-neutered males are in same room (although separate) as unspayed girls :oops: & Barley has a mesh roof :lol:

You weren't tempted to change Barley's name to Dumbo then? :lol:

GemmaH said:
Angie65 said:

You weren't tempted to change Barley's name to Dumbo then? :lol:

That's what I call her when no ones around :lol:

Back