• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

should i get another bun in case its cancer in bif/update

purplebumble

Warren Veteran
Bless her shes such a sweet natured litle thing whos had a rough past year..and shes survived nearly dying after losing oscar so suddenly.then getting bonded to bertie saved her life..she mothered 2 kitties i was fostering and kept..and then our house got flooded bya burst main. To top it all shes got a mass that the vet thinks is cancer of the cervix..although it didnt show up on xrays..
I am worried and im taking her for a second opinion on what next..and shes off the metacam and the poos are bad again..gi stasis sized and squishy clumps..not good sign.
Bertie is so laid back and he has the 2 kittens for compnay but he loves bif and i am worried about having another pining bunny.
I know something is wrong with her to have an unexplained cylindrical mass..theres no sign of womb stump infection so it has to be something else.. :(
The thing is i dont want to stress her out but do you think i should ge another bun and keep it in acage and until i think bonding is possible so bertie doesnt die of a broken heart and hell have compnay whilst i nurse bif until i know what the vet says re pts or time left?

i really dont know what to do.. :?

Awww not wee Bif :(

Only you can really decide what to do Debbie

Have you got an option to operate on Bif?

no no operation shed have to have a laparotomy first itd kill her.
mind you we are geting a second opinion from another vet..the only man bifs liked in her life! theres no rabbit savvy vets there now..so sad...if i could drive id take her to hughgrove in cosham..if mrs kents still there she was THE rabbit savvy vet! bifs appointments for 4pm so ill keep you posted!
gem how is your bun now? Did you manage to enjoy any of your holiday?

i want to make it easier for the remaining bun getting another after seeing what losing oscar did to bif..and jo said bertie endured losing his bunny wife..he never bonded again till he met bif!

well i saw the other vet today..the male young one bif likes..and he said what i said..when she was under for her dental..she should have been ultrasounded then! grrr that daft moo of a vet..i could kick her butt!
Then he said an ultrasound still wouldnt necessarily confirm cancer..neither would a blood test! so even if it did he said if it was bladde cancer..sheddie..if it were stump cancer/cervix cancer theres no chance..itll have already spread..give her painkillers..if she gets worse bring her back..imgutted!!
I dont know where to turn to now..
where is there a real rabbit savvy vet in waterlooville area/havant/petersfield even..im sooo fed up now!
I dont want her to suffer but if it was in early stages and could be removed then why not..sigh..i amso scared for her... :(

Back