• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Caramel and Fudge: update i think its hate!

touie

Wise Old Thumper
would i be stupid to try 2 bossy rabbits together or could it possibly work? :? Both of them have been known to bully other rabbits! and caramel took a chunk out of Fudge's shoulder twice when i tried to bond him into a threesome with her sister, now Toffee's gone :( I'm not sure whether caramel will be as feisty? :?

Although Fudge hasn't been aggressive to her he has been to his brother and Amy in the past!

sorry i know nothing about bonding but it might be worth a try (could you try them in joining pens first? ) sorry again to hear about Toffee :(

Just take it really really slowly.

Chocolate & Smirnoff had a serious fight when i tried to bond them 18 months ago, but a year later they became part of a bonded 9 :D

thanks I think I'll give it a try then this weekend! I think caramels upset as she's being quite affectionate to me and usually she growls and hides!

Aww, I can't help with bonding advice but I really am sorry about Toffee :( I'm sure Caramel is feeling a bit lost without her... making it'll be enough to help her accept another friend, if you take things slowly. Good luck hun xx

things went quite badly resulting in a sulking Fudge with A BLOODY NOSE :( Only had them together for about 30 mins

I took them both round to my parents house and things were going quite well to start with ie: they were tolerating being in the same room together without any signs of aggression. The only problem was that Caramel wouldn't come out of the carrier :? I took the top of the carrier and they sniffed each other still everything was fine, Fudge even licked her head and rolled over on his back by her box :D

I think I made the mistake and messed it up :oops: I decided to remove the carrier, pretty much as soon as the carrier was removed they flew at each other, at first I thought it was Fudge as he was in an aggressive pose, but then I spotted his bloody nose :( I'm thinking now that he went to sniff her she bit his nose and he flew at her!

So after that Fudge is sulking at the top of the stairs and caramels back outside by herself!

aww - sorry you've lost Toffee :( I did wonder with the other thread I just replied to :oops:

Don't feel bad about keeping single bunnies - What rabbits seem to like most is routine - they like everything to stay the same and be predictable, which is why they appear to grieve when a partner vanishes suddenly. If they have a strict routine and know what to expect in life, they will be contented - especially if there are other rabbits nearby, and a spree of scentmarking to get busy with :roll:

I think Fudge and Caramel would maybe be happy living as neighbours, in sight of each other, like Benny and Maa do, although maybe not happy sharing everything? Maa and Benny like to sit near each other divided by 2 layers of wire and a gap (or there's biting through the wire :roll: ) But she went for his boy bits the one time they actually met, so I left it how it is as they are happy.

I had four buns, two girls and two boys and when it came to bonding put the dominant bun from each set together so that no bullying occured from the dominering bun towards the shyer one. They got on fine, in the dominant pair the male is king and in the submissive pair the female is Queen. The only problem is some food aggrssion from the dominant pair so they get each get their own bowl in the morning.

This may not work for every bun though!

Back