• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I can't believe what just happened...

penfold

Young Bun
Winds are strong today and a couple of my neighbours fence panels have blown down so at 2pm when i heard a huge crash i thought more had fallen, boy was i wrong..

my buns are in a playhouse that faces my house at the back of the garden so when i looked out and saw it pointing to the sky resting on the fence it took a few seconds to sink in.. :(

I rushed over but i wasnt strong enough to pull it down to get them out as the concrete post had punched straight through the back of the shed, so 20 minutes later my friend arrived (she lives across town and no neighbours were in) and she helped me get them out.

They are in 1 piece but terrified, i havent cried like that in a long time.

So after my soft approach to bonding them they are now here in my front room in the 1 hutch, but i am very wary of my elderly bun dippy, her breathing is still quite panicked...

How awful do i feel? :cry:

omg i think i would have died!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

dont feel bad you cant control the weather just thank god the buns are ok

Glad they seem ok, just scared, I've been staring out at the shed roof almost continually today praying the shed stays on.

What awful weather :(

:shock: What a shock for you. I am watching and listening here, my piggie shed is a very heavy weight one, if that moves nothing is safe. I have kept the doors shut today because of the force of the wind.

I do hope your buns will settle very soon after their ordeal.

i am trying to keep it as quiet as possible for them but is there anything else i could do as i know that they have such delicate hearts and i am worried about my girl..

Oh poor you.. and poor buns. What an awful thing to have to deal with. Glad they are ok - although a bit scared!! Lots of cuddles and TLC methinks.

I remember when the hurricane happned a fair few years ago now I had two rabbits in two separate hutches (bonding was unheard of in those days :roll: ). When I woke up and looked out the window there were two hutches at the back of my garden upside down.

The hutches had been on my patio area and were thrown to the end of the garden but luckily both bunnies survived the ordeal and seemed none the worse for the event :D

penfold said:
is there anything else i could do as i know that they have such delicate hearts and i am worried about my girl..

A couple of drops of rescue remedy each

Poor bunnies, what a fright for both of you. One of my rabbits hutches lid flew open even though it was bolted down. He jumped out and must have landed on his face as it is swollen and he has a small cut :cry: . It is quite sore so he's had some metacam and seems to have calmed down a lot. He is tucking into some critical care at the moment as its nice and soft for him to eat :D . So i'm feeling very guilty as well. I just really hope this wind calms down soon!

Try to distract them - food is always good for this!!! Some herbs such as parsley, basil and mint may take their minds off of it all.

Hope they settle in very soon. Would they find a Snuggle safe heat pad or towel / fleecy blanket comforting to them?

They are likely to be uneasy of their new surroundings too, and it may sound awful, but they probably shouldn't be fussed over too much (obviously you know your own buns) but a lot of rabbits like to have their own space to feel secure in. If you've got a tunnel / upside down box or something for them to hide in they may also feel better :D

You poor thing, that must have been terrible to find. But at least you were home. I would have had a fit.

Sure the bunnies will be ok. Mines are very sensitive to my mood/nerves so being calm and confident is the key. Hope you can get things sorted soon.

Fiona x

Oh my goodness at least they're ok. That is my biggest fear at the moment, the shed being blown away or falling down.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/europe/01/18/europe.storm.ap/index.html

I don't know how close you live near this hurricane force wind:

LONDON, England (AP) -- Hurricane-force winds and heavy downpours hammered northern Europe on Thursday, killing 27 people and disrupting travel for tens of thousands -- including Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice, whose plane circled for 15 minutes before landing amid winds gusting to 77 mph.

The storms were among the fiercest in years, ripping off part of the roof at Lord's Cricket Ground in London, toppling a crane in the Netherlands and upending trucks on Europe's busiest highway.

By evening, weather-related accidents had killed 27 people, including a 2-year-old boy hit by falling brick from a toppled wall in London.

but anyone in your area should be aware of the hurricane force wind

Back