• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Binkying

Isabel

Warren Veteran
I know they do it when they are happy but do you think they conciousely do it or it just happens? I just wondered because Barney was doing loads the other day and then it looked like he was going to lie down and wnet into another one. Unless of course he was so happy at the thought of lying down that he needed to binky to show his aproval.

I've always wondered that as well!

Mine always look shocked after they have done binkies as if they hadn't any control over them, they just kind of happened!

Kate x

Mine often look like they're doing it on purpose. For example, once I saw Fey (who isn't exactly the most graceful bun in the world) try to jump on a chair while binkying. She ended up smacking into it face first instead. :roll: She shook her head, backed up a few steps, and did it over again binky and all but made it on top of the chair this time. She looked very proud of herself.

They will sometimes do it on accident when they're scared because a binky is a form of escape tactic.

:lol: :lol: :lol: I know what you mean, they do look a little surprised sometimes as if to say 'where did that come from'!!! :lol:

naturestee said:
Mine often look like they're doing it on purpose. For example, once I saw Fey (who isn't exactly the most graceful bun in the world) try to jump on a chair while binkying. She ended up smacking into it face first instead. :roll: She shook her head, backed up a few steps, and did it over again binky and all but made it on top of the chair this time. She looked very proud of herself.

They will sometimes do it on accident when they're scared because a binky is a form of escape tactic.

And so she should be, what an achievement!

I wonder if it's like when we hiccup?

I love to see my bunnies doing binkys. But this also reminds me of my bunnies I had as a child. I had no internet or books to learn about bunnies. They just turned up on my birthday.

:roll:

I am glad bunny care has changed for the better over the years

Anyway, my bunnies of long ago used to do binkies and I didnt know what they were doing and always thought there was something wrong with them.

:roll:

At least I remember those long gone bunnies binkying which makes me smile now :)

A vet in our local area suggested that a rabbit needed to be put to sleep because he thought it twitching in it's sleep after flopping out was an epileptic fit. God knows what they would have said if they had seen a binky!

Btw the owners were sensible people and sought a second opinion from someone who actually knows what they're talking about!

It's when they have a mad run with a mid air leap/twist/turn. When I first saw Travis do it, I thought he had fleas :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: I soon realised it was his way of being happy. Another time they do it too is when they know they've been naughty and as you're telling them off, they run away from you and do a little binky/flick of the feet at you, which to me feels like a total "ha ha"!!!??? :roll:

My shadow do's them as well was on my lap tonight and was doing them I think it there way of saying I'm very happy :)

KerinTravis said:
It's when they have a mad run with a mid air leap/twist/turn. When I first saw Travis do it, I thought he had fleas :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: I soon realised it was his way of being happy. Another time they do it too is when they know they've been naughty and as you're telling them off, they run away from you and do a little binky/flick of the feet at you, which to me feels like a total "ha ha"!!!??? :roll:

lol binkys remind me of one of my mums sayings (when fidgeting) have you got a flea up your bottom! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Max does the madest dashes around the bedroom and incorporates a binky into the whole thing and usually ends up crashing head first into something ....... Doesn't put him off although I have thought of getting hima crash helmet once or twice when the thuds sound particularly heavy .... :roll:

Barney regularly used to bump into things when binkying when I first got him but I think he has matured a bit now so he's a bit better at it.
How could we prove whether they do it on purpose or just involuntarily?

Back