• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Poor Martha is Fading Fast-U/D-Mon 22nd-We've Lost Her

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
:( :(

Although she remains reasonably bright the weight is dropping off her, her back legs are virtually useless and its obvious her kidneys are failing. She has also developed discomfort in her mouth over the last 24 hours and this morning she can only manage soft food. I dont think another GA/Dental is an option as her Kidneys just wont cope. We will see Christobel later this morning.

Oh dear...... :cry: :cry:

Janex

oh jane im so sorry :( poor little martha sending her loads of get well and positive (((vibes))) will be thinking of you today

Thank you everyone

Martha is now on a higher dose of analgesia and also antibiotics as her ear abscess has started to discharge again. Obviously the high dose of anti-inflammatory meds will impact on her already poor kidney function but for Martha it is the here and now that matters and she cant be left in pain

Martha is on VERY borrowed time :cry:

Janex

Poor little Martha :cry:
I have just cleared a ton of pus out of her ear. She will probably now be going onto Penicillin Injections (just waiting for Christobel to call to confirm its OK)
I fear I am going to have to make 'the decision' about Martha very soon.... :cry: :cry:

Janex

Ohh you poor thing - I know how hard it was for me I wish I let Buster go sooner rather then later. I still cry thinking of it :(

Back