• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Three of the Sanctuary bunnies having surgery today

Adele

Warren Veteran
Hiya, worried Bunny Mummy here :oops: :oops: :oops: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I packed our three little darlings off early this morning, to spend the day with our lovely vet. I made up the pet carriers with fresh snuggly vet bed, little boxes of herb hay, and teddy bears :oops: :lol:
Mauna has had discharge from her nose for three months now, and a sinus flush removed a thorn a few weeks ago which appeared to help matters for a few days, but things have gone downhill ever since :? The vet is doing an X ray to see if there are any more infections sites, or if a tooth is causing the problem.
Poor King Arthur went in to have his tear ducts flushed, and has ended up having all his teeth all :shock: :shock: :shock: :( So my little fluffy man wont be best pleased with me when he comes home later :( I need some recipes for rabbit soup quick, as I am going to have to give Arthur a special diet for life. As long as he is alright, and the risk of infections has gone, that is all that matters.
Isis Lion head has had investigations in her abdomen, so will be feeling sorry for herself too.
I am due to collect the trio at 3pm all being well, just waiting for vet to confirm this now :)
Millie the lion head has an ear infection so is very wobbly :( and Poor Dolce Angoras eye suddenly started bulging out a week ago, so he has infection somewhere :? I am giving Dolce a good blast of antibiotics and things seem to be improving, but poppet will probably need an XRay early next week and his teeth checking properly under sedation. The vet wanted to get the infection under control a bit first before doing surgery.
We have never had a run of problems like this all at once, I am so worried for the bunnies. All we can do is take one day at a time, and hope they get better :)
Best wishes
Adele

I do hope that everyone picks up quickly, you certainly have your hands full with poorly buns at the moment. My thoughts are with you.

jrn1310 said:
I do hope that everyone picks up quickly, you certainly have your hands full with poorly buns at the moment. My thoughts are with you.

Thanks Janice, you are very sweet :D :D
Tree thanks for your good luck wishes too :D

Have you heard from the vets yet Adele?

Fingers crossed for all your poorly buns. It seems to have been never ending with them recently. :(

Best wishes from us both and let us know how they get on.

PHEW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! all three bunnies safely home and seem fine!!
Arthur still has a few teeth, not had to have them all out, so this is better news...he will be able to eat normally, and be a lot more comfortable.
Mauna had X Rays of chest and nose to see where discharge is coming from, but this ruled out any nasties like infection in sinus that had spread to facial bones. Plan of action is to switch antibiotics, and flush sinuses out every two weeks till things clear....this can be done under gas, so not too bad!!.
Isis investigation went well, and she has ben given a clean bill of heath :D
Sorry this is brief, but am tied up playing nurse maid as you can imagine.
I am so impressed by how well the bunnies have been treated and cared for by the vet and her staff :D
I took the vet a great big bunch of flowers to say THANK YOU, as she spent three hours working on the bunnies, and none of them were straight forward.

I will post an update in a day or so.
Bless you for your support and kind messages :D :D
Lots of love
Adele, David and all the bunnies

Oh my word, you have your hands full.

Nose rubs to the bunnies and hope they will be running and bouncing around again very quickly.

Hope Bunny Mummy feeling better too.

Alice xxx

Back