• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Would love to make a bunny film :-)

Amethyst

Warren Veteran
Hi everyone,

I was thinking today (and yes, it hurt!), I think it's channel 5 that now accept films made by the public about issues that matter to them. Basically you shoot a video and send it in, then they feature it either on their main programme or on the website (and they give you some money for it if it gets shown).

I was thinking it would be great to make a film about rabbit rescues, and the issues caused by the way rabbits are regarded in society. Also, the lack of legislation could be covered - how there is no minimum legal requirement for hutch sizes, how unscrupulous breeders can cull their "unwanted stock" without having to have them pts humanely by a vet etc.

My friend did a film course and I was thinking I could ask him if he wanted to help out (he's a rabbit-lover too!). Would there be any rescues who could help out with filming in their premises, with maybe a few stories of rabbits who have come in after neglect or abuse, and how the rescue has fixed them up?

I can get working on a script of some sort if people would like to go ahead with it. Even if it doesn't get shown on Ch5 I'm sure I can make loads of DVD copies and people can use it for educational purposes.

What's everyone's opinion on this? I'd like to hear ideas and feedback if anyone has any! :D

AMETHYST

I think its a great idea!! :D
I'll be seeing Donna (ARC) on Thursday so I'll mention it to her. She and Janice might want to get their Equity Cards sorted!! :lol:

Janex

I am sure if you talk nicely to us we will oblige to find you a location.

We tried to get nomitated for sky news a year ago to do one at Christmas for us, however they had so many nominations we didnt get picked.

My Dad is partway through making Watership Down 2 - the House Bunnies :lol:

We are struggling with the actors though. They keep demanding more carrots :roll:

Angie65 said:
My Dad is partway through making Watership Down 2 - the House Bunnies :lol:

We are struggling with the actors though. They keep demanding more carrots :roll:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

AMETHYST

Back