• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit awareness day - Norwich ***edit - pics added***

sgprescue

Mama Doe
We usually hold our annual rabbit awareness day every April/May but this year we are having an additional one on Saturday 27th January to coincide with National rabbit week. We will be in the Dixons shopping centre, Reepham Rd, Hellesdon, Norwich from 9am until 5pm. Myself and several members of the RWA (including outreach officers and vet nurses) will be there giving out advice and literature on bunny care. For a small donation to the rescue you can bring your bunny/guinea pig for nail clipping and health check. There will be games for the kids, themed food in the cafe and we will also be taking along some of our rescue bunnies. We will of course as usual be wearing our bunny ears :lol:
If you are in the area please pop in and say hello :D

I'll be there :D I'll have to go find my bunny ears when i go to my mum's!! :lol: wonder who i will fall in love with this year.. last time i helped out i fell in love with Johnny!! :love:

Diddeen said:
Anyone else planning to go along?

hey cheryl.. whos coming along for cuddles this year? :D :wink:

Havent 100% decided yet, probably Maggie and May and poss some of the baby rabbits aswell :thumb:

I will hopefully be coming along as well. I'd like to get Gasket and Tappet health checked (not sure if their nails need clipping) and see if there is anything I can do to help out SGP rescue. :D

will see what we are upto on the 27th miht pop along :D
would love to see maggie and may i look at their piccies at least twice a day thinking if only i had more room :love: :love:

I will definatly take Maggie and May then and most likely the 2 little mini lops girls. I have 5 gorgeous 16 week old dutch cross but they can squeeze through the run panels so I wont have any way of containing them there :lol:

Chris - we are getting there around 8.30am, do you want to come to my house and then come in the car with me? If not you can meet me there. I was sorting my boxes of stuff out today and have plenty of pairs of bunny ears if you are going to wear them :wink: A lot more companies are donating things this year so we will hopefully have tons of stuff to give away. The cafe are having a chocolate fountain, only trouble is I have loads of stitches in my mouth after having 2 teeth out yesterday so I might not be able to manage any of it :cry:
Im hoping we will have loads of people turn up, last year was really busy so should be good 8)

dunno for sure if i will get down there but will see if we can ;)
o nooooooooooooo not a chocolate fountain im on a diet!!!!

chocolate fountain mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I will probably go in my car and meet you there if thats ok but if u need help transporting stuff i can come to yours to help load the car. If not i'll see you there sat morning.. oh and i forgot to get the ears from my mum's.. unless they are in my garage here.. so i might need to borrow a pair please :D

sgprescue said:
I will definatly take Maggie and May then and most likely the 2 little mini lops girls. I have 5 gorgeous 16 week old dutch cross but they can squeeze through the run panels so I wont have any way of containing them there :lol:

Chris - we are getting there around 8.30am, do you want to come to my house and then come in the car with me? If not you can meet me there. I was sorting my boxes of stuff out today and have plenty of pairs of bunny ears if you are going to wear them :wink: A lot more companies are donating things this year so we will hopefully have tons of stuff to give away. The cafe are having a chocolate fountain, only trouble is I have loads of stitches in my mouth after having 2 teeth out yesterday so I might not be able to manage any of it :cry:
Im hoping we will have loads of people turn up, last year was really busy so should be good 8)
hope you heal quick, cant be missing a chocolate fountain!!!
im hoping to come along if im able to get back, trains and money, and project time stopping me, but cute bunnies. will there be any piggies? i know is bunny week, but everyone loves piggies!

I dont know if I will be taking any piggies yet, I guess I really should as people always like to see them. Angela is popping over tomorow, I will see if she has room to take a large indoor cage with her on Saturday :D

Chris - see you there bright and early Saturday morning :D

Just bumping this up :D

I will be taking some pigs tomorow, havent decided which ones yet though, will sort that out in the morning :D

ooooh im so excited!! I missed it last year cos i ended up working. Hopefully lots of cute bunnies will come to visit so i can have loads of cuddles :D Ooooh piggies too.. ive never cuddled a piggie :shock: I will try and aim to leave mine around 8.30 if i manage to drag myself out of bed :lol: so if you do find you run out of room in the car i can always pick something up on my way past. :D :D

Back