• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

cookie's eye is worse - sad outcome

honey

Alpha Buck
cookie was diagnosed with an abscess/tumour behind his eye between christmas and new year. it looked a little bloodshot and a tiny third eyelid developed. it didn't respond to antibiotics so it was decided that as it wasn't causing him problems to leave it a while and to go back when it got worse.

thing is it took months to gain his trust when i adopted him and having to give him medicine twice a day made him revert back to running away from us :( i've been working with him for the last two weeks and he's got better and tonight he ran up to me for the first time looking all happy and smiley (i know you lot will understand :lol: ). thing is of all the days for his eye to get noticably worse it's today :(

i think he'll have to go back to the vets tomorrow and i wouldn't blame him if he never trusted me again :cry: worst of all is that he'll lose his eye in the end and i've got no idea how he'll manage or if he'll cope with it.

sorry for rambling but i'm close to tears, he's a really special bunny to me and he just seems to have no luck in life. just as he became a happy confident bunny and got a friend this happens :cry: :cry: :cry:

Oh dear. Poor cookie.Sending healing vibes to the little man

Try to keep your spirits up, he will forgive you

Fiona x

Aww poor Cookie :cry:

But even if he does lose his eye it is possible for him to cope :)
Please let us know how you get on at the Vets

Janex

cookie - sad news

cookie's eye had got worse and he was kept in to have it taken out and the tumour/abscess removed. during the op it was found that his jaw bone was completely destroyed which was completely unexpected as he'd shown no sign of discomfort :(

i had to decide what to do - let him go or take away as much of the diseased bone as possible. i didn't want to lose him but i didn't want to put him through a huge amount of surgery so i asked that he be brought around so that he could come home and live out his last weeks at home being spoilt. an hour later i had a call to say his heart had stopped :cry: :cry: :cry: my darling boy has gone :cry:

Oh I'm so so sorry for your loss... I know how you are feeling I lost my wonderful little bun 3pm this afternoon she was only 7 months old.

So sorry about Cookie, try to remember his smiley face on Monday, you gave him a wonderful home by the sound of it and he knew it

oh karen i'm so sorry to hear about your little one :( what happened?

kayjay - thanks :) i'm trying to think positive about the time he spent with us, i can honestly say i think he was happy but i also feel so devastated that life dealt him such a poor hand - he didn't have the best start and changed himself completely but he never had luck on his side :(

Re: cookie - sad news

honey said:
cookie's eye had got worse and he was kept in to have it taken out and the tumour/abscess removed. during the op it was found that his jaw bone was completely destroyed which was completely unexpected as he'd shown no sign of discomfort :(

i had to decide what to do - let him go or take away as much of the diseased bone as possible. i didn't want to lose him but i didn't want to put him through a huge amount of surgery so i asked that he be brought around so that he could come home and live out his last weeks at home being spoilt. an hour later i had a call to say his heart had stopped :cry: :cry: :cry: my darling boy has gone :cry:

He knew he was needed to accompany Karen's Molly to Rainbow Bridge

I am really sorry :cry: :cry:

Janex

Back