• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Blackburn bunnies - Any news yet?????

abbymarysmokey

Wise Old Thumper
Hi

Does anybody have any news on the 2 Ebay bunnies in Blackburn yet?? Owner was supposed to be taking them to Kayj last week.

Amy

No, not heard anything yet. Kay's daughter's been visiting from Spain so I would guess she's not been on line at all with that and all her buns.

Cheers Kayjay

I was delaying letting Dandysam know whether I could take any of her bunnies until Kayj gets back to me.

I hope Kayj has the bunnies and they are OK!

Let me know if you hear anything.

Regards

Amy

I just spoke to Kay and the bunnies have not arrived yet, but hopefully they will be coming tommorrow. Fingers crossed they turn up!

The buns arrived Tuesday morning, oth were very thin and the male was a little lethargic, however the female seemed ok. All rescue rabbits that come into me are quarentined until the vet checks have been done (boy am I glad I do this) I noticed the male (Bugsy) had a swelling on his face and his eyes weren't open very much put thought it could be the pressure of the swelling.The female actually looked pregnant, Anyway after 3 bowls of food and veg later which took us to Yesterday Wednesday, they were going to the vets. Bugsy was unfortunately PTS as he had myxi, the female (Sally, named after spacegirl) is pregnant and is being kept at the vets for observation to see if she gets any symptoms, I will now more later today about her and if everything is ok I can bring her home Saturday morning.

I've got everything crossed that Sally doesn't have myxi. Poor buns, to be that hungry - at least he was cared for properly in the end and he didn't have to suffer with myxi

:D :D :D Sally is coming home this evening, my vets are really confident that she hasn't got myxi. I will still be isolating her from the other buns (but thast is just me). Can't wait to get her home and feed her up the poor little bun :(

:thumb: :D :D Good news

I'm with you, I'd isolate her for another week or so just to make sure, it would be horrible is she passed anything on to your buns.

I'm so glad she's got you to spoil her and get her through this pregnancy, I hate to think what would have happened to her otherwise :(

Sally will be isolated from all the other buns for at least another 2weeks. I am going to take a pic of her today.

GOOD NEW!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D
Sallyas a forever home waiting for her as soon as she is ready for adoption.

Back