• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Is this cruel - re housing my buns!

**Bonnie**

Mama Doe
Hi all,

I haven't been on much as I have moved house!

There is a big shed at the end of the garden that I want my bunnies to live in, not only for space but for safety and to keep them dry as well as me when I am cleaning them!

Until we sort the garden out I cannot attach a run as there is another shed next to it and something at the front

At the mo, there are only two windows which lets light in but they cannot see out at all!

Is this cruel?? This is just for the day (when at work) and night. They will have free run of garen (under supervision) morning and night/will also come in.

I just feel a bit sorry for them not being about to see outside?? It is about 6 x 6 shed and I am going to fill it with their double hutch and various other things so they have lots to play with and jump on and off!

My bro can eventually come and make big windows so they can see out but it may not be for another month..

Honest opintions appreciated! Just to add there is no light in there either, electricial will come but again, not for another month!

thanks

I don't see a problem with that as a temporary solution. Its not pitch dark and they will still be getting outside so it sounds fine :D

I don't see a problem, they have light I don't think seeing out is essential. Lots of house rabbits can't reach the windows!

Tam

I dont think its cruel either- they have lots of space in there, and they are probably not bothered about seeing out.

Mine can't see out of the garage when they are inside (although they have access to a run outside) so I don't think that's an issue, especially if they are having a run around when you get home. Don't know about yours, but mine sleep all day anyway!

Mine cant see out of the windows and have not been out this past week (flipping rain).

They are both happy, they have lots to do. I dont see it being a problem :D

Thanks guys

Feel better now, I think I will move them in this week - I know I will feel a lot more relaxed with them being somewhere I know is safe!

hiya

one of my rabbits lives in the brick shed/outterhouse at the moment and he loves it. got so much space in there. theres only two little windows in mine aswell but also have a light. its nice to be able to sit in there and spend time with it when its raining. our outterhouse also doesnt have a run attached because its brick but hes inside alot and has supervised time to hope about the garden twice a day and a run if its a nice day like sunday.
i know what u mean tho , i dont have to worry about harvey because i know hes nice and safe inside the outterhouse esp with all that wind we have.
i just have to worry about my other rabbit and piggie now because they are outside. i didnt think it was fair to harvey to bundle more hutches in there and limit his space he is used to. hopefully if i can get harv and benji to bond then they can share it and the piggie hutch can find a space in there too in the winter.

the only one of mine that can see out of a window is ebby, and that only cos she somehow gets onto the top of my chest freezer ro have a good old nose :lol: :lol:

6 x 6 is a great sized space :thumb: , I don't think it matters that they can't see out so long as they have light in there and contact with you.

Thanks again all for the reassurance, it gets dark so early and that is what is stopping me as they will be in the dark for a long period of time….well not that long because when I get in they can go outside in the run.

I think I am going to move them at the weekend when its light and I can see what I am doing. I think they will feel more safe in there as since we have moved they are a little on edge, I bought them into the kitchen last night, they didn’t really run around but flopped out on the rug almost instantly!

Going to have to get myself a torch until the electrician comes round I think!

Back