• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Frida update - cysts on ovaries

Well we had Frida speyed on Friday and although she is usually a foul tempered little madam, she was very good and didnt savage the vet or the nurse.

She looked in shock when we brought her home, but now she is eating, pooing and weeing as usual and has savaged my hand 3 times - so we can safely say she's recovering!!!!

We've also discovered why she has been so tempremental. Rebecca said her ovaries were covered in cysts when she removed them. But she said in 4 or 5 weeks her hormones should now calm down and she will be much more placid :)

I'm so glad we got her done as I hate to think that my poor baby might have been suffering :cry:

Glad she's ok, Pippa did really calm down after being spayed, she's like a new bunny although she had never bitten me she used to lunge at me. Now she's a baby :love: Fingers crossed Frida's the same :D

Frida had her post-op check last night.

No chewing of stitches (nothing short of miraculous if you know Frida!), the wound is healing great and she is back to normal.

BUT! she hasnt gone once outside her litter tray - normally i have to hoover her room twice a day as she leaves pellets all over and when i let her out i can follow her by following the trail of poo she leaves!

Very glad i got her done now. Zeb booked in for end of the month and then I'm going to start bonding :D

Back