• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pineapple/Bromelain tablets

nicolar

Mama Doe
Hi

Amy is really moulting at the mo so wanted to get her something to help the hair pass through - have been looking at the Oxbow Papaya tablets and they are quite pricy! I was wondering if the ones from Holland and Barrett are any good? She eats lots of hay, just I found a stringy poop this morning + she wasn't well before Xmas so don't want any more upsets!!!

Nicola

I bought a big bag of papaya from my pet shop the other day cost me £2.50 I give a little piece each daily to mine.

Mandy :D

I have a proposition for you!! I have just ordered some more Oxbow tablets, as mine have gone out of date (with loads left!), so if you want to give me a few quid, I will send you a bag of them or something! :)

Forgot to say, I have only just made the order, so haven't received it yet, but expect to have it by the end of the week. Depends if you can wait that long??

You can get dried Pineapple in Sainsbugs (other Supermarkets are available :lol: ) for £1.50 :thumb: Should last Amy ages as she'd only need a little bit a day

Janex

Thanx Jane. I shall be purchasing some pineapple tonight then. I cant believe Marley has any fur left the amount he is sheding! :D

Thanks Jane :) I have taken Sarah up on her offer too as I'm sure Amy will love the Oxbow tablets too but in the meantime will be off to Sainsbugs to get some dried pineapple (I'll munch the rest as I love pineapple!). Might also see if Dad can get a nice fresh pineapple from a place he does work at :)

Sooz - I feel the same about Amy, I'm sure she will be bald soon! :lol: :lol:

Nicola

Seems you are already sorted out.... but for future reference, I use the Holland & Barratts Bromelain Tablets for my very fluffy lionhead and she likes them and they seem to work! Handy to get in when they have the half price sales on!!

Back