• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Healthy Hopper MOT - National Rabbit Week

Suzanne

Mama Doe
Just checked the list of vets taking part in National Rabbit Week and our vet is listed. I was wondering if anyone knows what might be involved in the Healthy Hopper MOTs. I'm thinking of taking our buns. Anyone else taking theirs?

What a great idea. If it wasn't for the fact that mine have recently had an MOT with their myxi vaccinations, I'd take them along.

Thanks for this thread - my vet is participating - yay! :D (About time that I got a freebie out of them! :roll: )

I wonder if I can get myxi vaccinations done at the same time and only pay for the vaccinations and not the check-up... :? They are due in for their myxi vacc's in early Feb so I may as well give it a try as it's only a couple of weeks early! :)

An MOT should be things like checking heart/lungs, ears, eyes, teeth, weight and giving you advice on diet/vaccs etc. My vets sent a mail out to all their bunny clients announcing free checkups this month :)

Yep, you should be able to get vaccs done at same time.

Tam

Dandeion has to go back for a check up after is not eating problem last week and Wilow needs to go back after his mites problem so going to book them in. :D My vet isn't advertising it in the surgery though and I've not had a letter - probably seen that we've got 7 buns registered with them :lol:

YAY!
just found that my vets do them too, going in on friday for VHD vaccs so will ring them up and ask if they can get their MOTs whilst there :D
:thumb: thanks for posting the link :D

Are the vets that are doing these MOT's vets that are classed by RWA as bunny savvy vets, as my vet is not on the list.

HEy Karen! My vet's in the scheme and he's only about 20 mins from you..30 mins at the most.

Might be an idea to have your vets name, I really need to find one that is very good with rabbits..
Shame really because my vet was recommended to me & has a very good name I just don't think they have a lot of rabbits going there :(
I didn't pick the nearest one to me either I asked around & was told of the one i go to now..
The vet I saw today seemed to know quite a lot about Rabbits might phone him tomorrow & have a chat with him..

I was looking for a new vet as we don't have one yet, I found two in the area so i rang them both for prices etc I knew it was important to find a bunni savvi vet and so when I asked about vaccs one informed me that they could do both and the other said that they had to be done two weeks apart (which I already knew) so I was planning on going with the second vets and came across the website and they were listed for MOT's so now sweep is booked in there. I also found out that they look after all the animals at longleat too!! So I hope someone there will know about bunnis :D

bunnifairy said:
I was looking for a new vet as we don't have one yet, I found two in the area so i rang them both for prices etc I knew it was important to find a bunni savvi vet and so when I asked about vaccs one informed me that they could do both and the other said that they had to be done two weeks apart (which I already knew) so I was planning on going with the second vets and came across the website and they were listed for MOT's so now sweep is booked in there. I also found out that they look after all the animals at longleat too!! So I hope someone there will know about bunnis :D
As long as they're LIONHEADS you should be fine!!! :wink:

My vet is listed and both the buns are going. Biscuit really needs to go for a check-up anyway as he's been with us a few weeks now and is settled in nicely. He needs his eyes checking for sure and hopefully the vet can give me an idea if the little guys head movement/tracking is a problem or not. May as well book him in for his de-plum while I'm there. Twix is just going for a check, her health has always been good, but her nails are getting a little long, so he can sort that for her.

Checked with my vet today as wanted to take OH's bunny, it's being done by the nurses at my surgery, not the vets. Still taking twiggy though (OH's bun) as Travis goes so reguarly for dentals and Tre went day before Xmas eve :roll: don't need to take mine too....

Back