• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Is my outdoor bun bored ?

karen354

Warren Veteran
I think my foster bun is a little bored :(
He's outside in a poppy shed & quite a big enclosure around him, he has access to his run until from 6.45am until 10pm everyday..
Poor little guy was shut in a tiny hutch before I offered to foster him with no bedding :(
He's loving having the room to skip about & spend all day out in the run..
I do feel though that maybe he's bored out there on his own, any ideas what I can get him to keep him amused?
karen x

I feel exactly the same with Buu in her hutch/run outside, she gets plenty of attention but I cant help feeling that she must be so bored out there by herself :(

I make sure they all have lots of toys to play with, and they also have cardboard boxes filled with hay and I hide pellets in there so they dig about in them.

I also get the hanging alfalfa treat and toys from the hay experts and hang them around the run, mine all seem to sit and chew at these and knock them about for ages :D

I've got two out there in the shed and worry they're bored! They spend most of my waking day snoozing which I guess is natural for rabbits. Why not rearrange his boxes/toys every couple of days and maybe bury food for him to look for.

Make sure he has something he can sit on as a lookout post, rabbits like to see whats going on. also the rearranging thing is a fab idea, I try to do it every time i clean out, you could scatter his dry food in the run, then he has to forage for it, esp if there is grass in his run. But I bet he is just enjoying being able to run around and then flop out with tiredness! x Jess

Mine love cardboard boxes to hide in and chew - keeps them busy for ages!!! Also I scatter food in the run for them to find and as many bits and pieces I can find - loo rolls with hay inside is a fav of mine too.

Great ideas there thanks :thumb:
We've put another level in his poppy shed for him with a ladder going up but he hasn't figured out how to use it yet bless him....
I will scatter his food & around & arrange his things in the shed different..
I feel maybe he's lacking a girlfriend :wink:

www.bunnybasics.com could be.co.uk though. I got Marley and Frankie loads to keep them amused and they especially loves the grass mat, vine ball and willow ring. Its adictive though, I ended up spending £35 :shock:

Back