• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Opinions on the Best Flea Repellent?

Bonniebunny

Warren Scout
Hi
Thinking ahead, I am just trying to find out what people think is the best flea repellent?

I used xenex ultra spot on one of my buns and it bought her neck out in a sore, so don't feel happy to use this again. My buns don't have fleas, but with the thought of warmer weather, I would like to take preventative measures.

I have read about Assisi grooming lotion, how effective do people think this is?

Last summer I used Beaphar Fly free, which states it is also effective against fleas and lice, didn't have any problems but not sure whether this was luck or not. I know that Xenex also do a natural repellent spray, I have used this in the past, but it leaves the fur really greasy looking. Just wondered other's opinions on tried and tested repellents.

Thanks.
xx

I use Assisi grooming lotion. I had a big problem with neighbours cats that kept going up to the hutches and passing on fleas.

I used Advantage which I got from the vet to kill the fleas and since then have been using Assisi grooming lotion to keep them away. It seems to work because the cats still have fleas and still go up to the hutches but I havent found any fleas on the buns since I started using it :D

If your bunny does have fleas then I would go with Advantage, when Princess had mites it worked very well and touch wood nothing since!

Back