• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

So pleased the VHD injection didn't bother the boys

holder

Alpha Buck
so pleased with the boys, they had the VHD injections yesterday & i nearly didn't go to the vets for them to be done, but because they had been castrated the week before i needed them to be checked over to make sure all was well with them both.
I had Honeys vaccinations done done last year & when she had the VHD she was really bad after it, she was dragging her front leg for a few days & went of food, we was back & front to the vets so i was worried that it would be the same, but the vet said it is rare & not to worry, & today they went outside for the first time since they was born, as the chap at the farm i took them from never took them out of the small crate they was in, they had never been on grass, & boy did they love it, it took a while for them to come out of the box in the run & when they did they was jumping in the air & running so fast & turning like it was an assault course :lol: , they was out for 6 hours but then i took them in as it poured down & they was still loving it but getting really wet, can't wait for tomorrow to let them out again & then they will be in the wendy house full time & can have grass all the time :D :D :D . Can't wait

Its lovely when you give bunnies a new start and they grab it. Two of mine had never been out and when they did their first binky, they thudded down and stopped shocked as they didn't know what had happened. Glad the vacs went well.

I'm so glad that I have seen postings about problems after the vhd!
My bun had his jab the day before xmas eve, by the evening he couldn't put any weight on his front foot and was dragging it around with him. He was sat in the corner hunched up in pain and was off his food.
We thought it might just be down to having a dead leg- it's the same if we get injected.
Anyway xmas eve, he's still in pain and won't even let us touch it. So its off to the hospital where they charged £56 for the consultation and another £15 on top for medication.
I mentioned whether it was a reaction to the jab and the vet was adamant that it wasn't and tshe said that his leg could be broken, too keep him from hopping around for 10 days.
Anyway to cut a long story short, the little bu^&**er was hopping around like a loonatic the next afternoon! :lol:

Back