• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Where do your bunnies live?

Where do your bunnies live?

• Mostly indoor free range?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mostly indoors in cage/pen?

• Mostly indoors in bunny proofed room?

• Mostly outdoors in a shed?

• Mostly outdoors in a playhouse?

• Mostly outdoors in a hutch/run?

• Mostly outdoors free range?

• Indoors and outdoors combined?

• Total voters

Flick

Alpha Buck
Just wondered where all your bunnies live... and if you have any pictures?

Ours live inside at the moment with a dog cage and a large pen that takes over the dining area of the living room (& which I can join them in! :D ). They also have a large pen outside for supervised garden exercise as our garden isn't secure.

They are moving outside into a hutch and run complex when the weather improves. I think they will like this as the love going outside, even in the rain, but will miss having them around in the house - thinking maybe they could come in for visits in the evening...

Have discussed free ranging/having a bunny proof room whilst they are inside but we decided this would be best where there is a laminte floor so easy to clean and the only room we have is the kitchen which has similar floor space to the pen they already have so they have stopped in the living room. It is more sociable having them there too!

One of mine lives in a shed with free range of the garden when I'm in and the other has a hutch and run combination, also with free range in in the garden when I'm in.

Nicola

well I have a mixture but I'm only allowed one vote, so I put shed as the group of 3 are in there.

I have:

Taz & Maisie inside, free range in the day, dog crate at night.
Trinny & Smokie, in a playhouse with run ( access only in the day to the run)
Bunny, Daisy and Flossie, in a shed, with a run, (again, access to run in the day only)

foster buns Wattle and Daub in a small shed & run, (access in the day)

My 2 are in their hutch with a run attached which they have acces to all day, thn r closed into the hutch at night, although very warm nights in the summer I have left them with access to the run. This is as much for me as for them as I love to look out the kitchen window when I get up and see them already bouncing around in the sun

Mine have an enclosure which was piled up with hutches.

:roll: Oh :censored: I can't find the piccies, will add them when I find them

P.S My first use of :censored: :lol:

mine live in a 48" dog crate w/shelf with attached pen (total size approx 4ft x 5.5ft) they are shut in at night but during the day get run of my bedroom and the landing upstairs
here are some pics of their cage setup

rabbits059.jpg

rabbits058.jpg

Mine both live in a shed with an attached run.Sorry don,t have pics but will have soon when i eventually buy a digital camera :oops:

Squidgy lives inside, and this is his penthouse, although he has the run of the room in the day and my o/h (who works at home) for company.
hutch.jpg

Salt and Pepper live in a 6' x 6' enclosure. It also has a lid.
DSCN0840.jpg

Bobby and Ruby live in a 9' x 6' enclosure.
DSCN0529.jpg

Mine live in a shed but this will be too hot in summer as it's on the sunny side of the garden so I'll be transferring them to a hutch/run for the hot weather and will see if they prefer that to the shed before making a decision whether to move them back to the shed next winter.

SarahP - I like your hutch/run, is it a happyhutch one?

Deej is an indoor bun with free range of downstairs (most of the time) and a cage for nights/bedtime. His cage is in our lounge, and while we like to give him free run he has taken to trying to get into the kitchen bin, so hasn't been allowed in there as much of late (also the fact that our kitchen has no heating and its freezing means the door has been kept shut most of this cold winter).

all of the above at some point except the playhouse and freerange in the garden, though my first bunny lived semifreerange outside before i knew better :oops:

at the moment:

Toffee and Caramel live in a shed with attached run
Twinkle, Splodge and Sugarplum all have hutch run combo's
and Fudge is free range indoors

This year I'd like to have Splodge, Sugarplum, Twinkle and Fudge all bonded and living in the shed and Toffee and Caramel in a hutch/run but we'll see!

My bunny lives indoors in a cage with free time every evening, she gets to run around the back room, bathroom, hallway & kitchen.
Here's pics (click for full view):

Back