• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Updated bunny palace

tigerbabe

Mama Doe
I thought I'd post some updated pics of the bunny shed cos it's a bit different from the last time you saw it :D

P1040172R.jpg

P1040174R.jpg

P1040173R.jpg

P1040175R.jpg

P1040180R.jpg

P1040178R.jpg

Do you think I've got enough storage space out there?? :lol:

cheekytikki said:
looks great :thumb: :D

:shock: have you got enough megazorb though! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I get it from a local horse supplies place but I had to order 5 sacks before they'd deliver it :lol:

tigerbabe said:
cheekytikki said:
looks great :thumb: :D

:shock: have you got enough megazorb though! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I get it from a local horse supplies place but I had to order 5 sacks before they'd deliver it :lol:

:lol: :lol: must last forever i used to buy 1 sack at a time and it lasted ages!

wish i had that much storage space though :D

cheekytikki said:
:lol: :lol: must last forever i used to buy 1 sack at a time and it lasted ages!

wish i had that much storage space though :D

1 sack lasts roughly 6 weeks, by the time you add on the p+p I'd only get 2 sacks for the same money that I got 5 for if I got it from anywhere else - I do like a bargain :oops: :lol:

I was lucky, my dad bought me a couple of the sets of shelves so I could put all my rat bedding and stuff out the shed instead of in his garage :lol:

Great set up :D :D :D :D Could I ask a question please,
I have bought a sack of Megazorb, havent used any yet, how long will it last with two bunnies do you think just in their litter trays,

Thanks Alixx

Are those shelves higher than they look cos I can imagine a bun doing a backflip of the hutch and managing to get their teeth into those bags. They are pretty amazing climbers when they want to ;) You might find you need something across the front to protect them ;)

It looks a great setup, I bet they have fun with all that space :D

It depends how much you use in the trays. I tend to put a thick layer towards the back of the trays, as both buns tend to reverse right back when weeing. I've 3 highbacked trays..2 in the top and one in the bottom, though they tend to use the downstairs one most. The one in the bottom part of the hutch I put out in the garden run and put the emptiest from the top part into the bottom, and then at night I get rid of the wettest part of the mega zorb, top it up and then add straw over and put it in the top. So I rotate them around like that. When I had just the 2 rabbits the megazorb lasted months! At £5.80 a sack it is so much cheaper than carefresh etc, and more absorbant than sawdust. I cover it with straw and a bit of hay.

Tamsin said:
Are those shelves higher than they look cos I can imagine a bun doing a backflip of the hutch and managing to get their teeth into those bags. They are pretty amazing climbers when they want to ;) You might find you need something across the front to protect them ;)

It looks a great setup, I bet they have fun with all that space :D

I thought I might need to put the shelves higher but as you can see I needed as much storage as possible :oops: so I decided to give them a go as they are and the rabbits haven't really shown any interest in them.

They love sitting under them though! I suppose it feels abit warren-ish :D

I figured if they showed too much interest I'd make some wood frames, cover them with wire and attach them to the shelving... I might have been tempted to turn it into a giant rat cage though so I'm glad I haven't needed to :oops: :lol:

I think how long the megazorb lasts depends on how big the litter tray is and how much you put in it. One sack lasts me about 6 weeks but I put a nice thick layer in and I sometimes have to put 2 litter trays out there when they decide it'd be nice to pee in a different corner :roll: :lol:

These are the litter trays I use, at the mo with wood shavings, I use about six handfulls in each one each day, this covers the whole bottom of the trays, with hay on the top

IMG_5297.jpg

Back