• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

bananas

what do your bunny's think of bananas?

• yummy more please!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • its ok

• eww yuck are you trying to poison me!

• never tried it

• Total voters

touie

Wise Old Thumper
what do your rabbits think of banana, mine have got some for the first time today (ran out of carrots and haven't made it to the supermarket yet!), not sure what they're going to make of it :?

Mine hate them. However I've got a bag of dried fruit from P@H and occasionally give them a bit as a treat and MJ loves it including the dried banana so I think it's the texture rather than the taste.

mine demolish the whole thing , skin included :shock:

its very sweet though, so its a once in a blue moon sort of treat, and then only one small one for them to share

My lot love it.

But please be warned, my bunny Sumi (who has I suspect quite a sensitive tummy) got really bad gas late the other night, and the only difference in routine was that he stole a bit of the banana that I was using to try to tempt Nell to eat (who is off her food and awaiting another dental). I am SO glad that I checked them before bed as it seemed to develop into bad bloat later on. His tummy has been a bit wierd recently so it might not have been the banana but its all I could think of. He got over it the next day but he won't be eating that again.

However, it doesn't seem to negatively effect any of my other buns who will eat it, as long as they can bite bits off whole and only when I hold it towards them. If it is cut into pieces and left in their bowl........no thanks :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fiona x

My buns go crazy over bananas!!! I usually use them when I need the buns to sit still for piccies because they just luuurve them!! :D

Leah xx

I tried my 2 with it twice in the summer when I was outside and I was eating 1, they just sniffed it, weren;t interested/ 1 had a little nibble once but wouldn't look at it again. They r a little picky tho, in tht thr r certain foods thy jst won't eat

I gave Jen a little slice yesterday after reading someone's post on here about their bun loving bananas. Initially she wasn't that interested, then she had a nibble... sat back for a bit and thought about it... then dived in :shock: It was gone within seconds! :lol:

As said, too much can cause upset tummies, its very high in sugar and can therefore upset their natural gut flora. Mine get it very rarely, and when you hand it to them you have to be so, so careful or they'll take your fingers off, they love it, and probably would live off it, if they could.

My mum gave them some once whilst I was at school, but her portions are big, and I notcied squishy poos, hence I knew she'd done her usual king size portion. Thankfully she has now trimmed it down as I threatened to hide the shed keys! :lol: :lol:

well this morning out of my lot they all ate the banana except for Splodge and Sugarplum, so 4/6 bunnies said yum yum :lol: thats strange though because usually Splodge and Sugarplum are the dustbins and the others are quite fussy!

Mine gove mad for banana, I worry about their tummies but they are usually ok.
Boxingday031.jpg

Boxingday027.jpg

Tracy[/url]

My two don't like them, I was eating a banana when I was outside with them once and gave them a little bit to try and they weren't impressed! :lol:

Back