• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Midnight's making new noises - is she OK?

Middy

Warren Scout
She's eating, weeing and pooing, is very hungry in fact and begs for food, but has started making squeaking noises while she eats and grooms herself. She has plenty of energy.

She started doing this after Alberta came back after being spayed (although they are now in separate rooms, until tonight)... she has been munching through a willow toy, has eaten a fair bit. But, as her functions seem normal, I'm not putting it down to that.

Any thoughts?

Has Midnight had any past history of 'Snuffles' (Upper respiratory tract infection)
It sounds as though she has mucus in her upper airway.

Janex

Hi Jane

No, she's never had a problem but is sneezing now and then (as does Alberta). Her eyes and nose are dry. She's looking OK overall, and the squeaks are not constant but I'll keep a close eye on her.

Thanks x

Blossom was very vocal, especially when being stroked and eating - infact whenever she was happy! Maybe your rabbit has just found her voice!

Cara, I hope so! She may have learned from Alberta, I guess.

She seems happy so I'll just be vigilant and hope it's just part of her new repertoire of skills!

one of my bucks was very vocal, esp when he could smell something tasty!!! You could try seeing if she makes noises when you offer her certain foods... x Jess

Hi all - thanks for the replies.

Is the sound like a kind of low grunt? I wonder if M has found her voice! Maybe her meeting Alberta hasn't been all bad...

Middy said:
Hi all - thanks for the replies.

Is the sound like a kind of low grunt? I wonder if M has found her voice! Maybe her meeting Alberta hasn't been all bad...

Yes, Sylvia grunts a lot. Always amuses me :D b-m

Back