• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

I am worried

rineyroo

Mama Doe
I've just been to the vet with my buns, for Snowy's vaccination. Horatio seemed very quiet and not at all himself, the vet said his tummy felt ok and if I was worried to take him back later. He's never been stressed about going to the vet before. He is just sat in the run. His poo is ok. Am I just being paranoid?

I think the less trips to the vet, the better as rabbits love their home routine - I expect he was just a bit suprised. Keep an eye on him but don't worry if he's eating and pooing as usual :)

I've just checked on him, he's still not himself and he's done a few smaller darker soft poos. He seems a bit frightened as well. :cry:

Jack's-Jane said:
Awwww poor lad :(
Was he 'not himself' before the trip to the Vet?

Janex

He was fine last night. All the poo in the trays I emptied earlier were proper poos. The appointment was early so I didn't seen him before I picked him up and put him in the carrier, then he seemed a little unlike himself. I've seen him eating some hay and he's only done a few soft poos.

Well if he has eaten some hay and some poo has been produced, even if it is softer than normal, I'd keep a close eye on him for the next 2-3 hours. Make sure he is warm and if he does not continue to eat or you are still concerned this afternoon you could give the Vet a call.
Some Infacol would be OK to give as your Vet said Horatio's tum felt a bit gassy. (2ml Infacol and some tummy rubs)

Sending vibes......

Janex

Ok now I feel a bit silly. I went out there, he was normal again and was eating some hay. It was very odd. I think I am just far too paranoid.

rineyroo said:
Ok now I feel a bit silly. I went out there, he was normal again and was eating some hay. It was very odd. I think I am just far too paranoid.

I think Paranoia is an inevitable consequence of being a Bunny Mummy!!
Glad he seems OK now :D

Janex

Jack's-Jane said:
rineyroo said:

Janex

It doesn't help that I'm a natural worrier anyway, I worry about everything and anything. :oops:

rineyroo said:
Jack's-Jane said:
rineyroo said:

Janex

It doesn't help that I'm a natural worrier anyway, I worry about everything and anything. :oops:

You sound just like me!! My Ex used to say I'd worry if I had nothing to worry about..... :oops: :roll:

Janex

Back