• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How often do you vaccinate your rabbits against VHD?

How often do your rabbits get VHD vaccinations?

• Never

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Occasionally (less than once a year)

• Once a year

• Twice a year

• More than twice a year

• Total voters
Once a year as per Veterinary/Vaccine manufacturers advice :D
The only time it needs to be given more frequently is if, due to confirmed outbreak of disease, a Bun under 10 weeks is vaccinated. In these circumstances the Vaccination must be given again 3 months later

Janex

Mine have it once a year. I know it is advised every six months in high risk areas-which a vet would be able to tell you :)

Jack's-Jane said:
Once a year as per Veterinary/Vaccine manufacturers advice :D
The only time it needs to be given more frequently is if, due to confirmed outbreak of disease, a Bun under 10 weeks is vaccinated. In these circumstances the Vaccination must be given again 3 months later

Janex

Thanks for (yet again) enlightening me Jane - I thought it would be like myxi ie twice a year if in a high risk area :oops:

Once a year, with the times dictated by the time of year we got them: Miles in December, Miffy in January, China in April, Benny in May, Domino in June, Rocket in July. :)

AMETHYST

i do mine once a year. just wondered if its ok to do it earlier. i got cerys in august and she had just been vaccs against vhd, would it be harmful to bring hers forward to april so that its in line with willow

Once a year, as the vet has said there hasn't been an outbreak luckliy (Touches wood) in a few years :)

i have had mine done once a year but when i adopted dumplin they told me one injection had to be done every six months but im not sure which one it was. the vet told me once a year and as it is him who does it i took his advise.

clare23 said:
i have had mine done once a year but when i adopted dumplin they told me one injection had to be done every six months but im not sure which one it was. the vet told me once a year and as it is him who does it i took his advise.

It is the Myxomatosis Vaccination that can be given every 6 months :D
Its best to do it twice yearly in high risk areas

Janex

Spacegirl said:
I would be interested to know who does it more than twice a year!

:D :D

Janex

Back