• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

D.Day

Dobbin

Mama Doe
is tommorrow!!

I am bonding Dobbin and Twinkle!

A very nice lady on here was coming to help me but unfortunetly she is poorly - i hope you are better soon ((((((hug)))))).

Please please please all help would be so much appreciated - tips on everything from what to put i there pen to when to touch them myself!

I will be putting them in a huge playpen type thing in the conservatory. They will have there breakfast in there!

I am very very worried about it and all stories, help, and comforting would e so appreciated!!!

Sue
xx

good luck, it was HELL to bond my two, but then again, I had to bond HOLLY on my first attempt, how cruel :lol:
I'm no expert but i found a water gun came in v.handy, although Holly enjoyed being sprayed :roll:

Oooo, I can't offer any bonding tips I'm afraid but I just wanted to say GOOD LUCK! :love:

I can't wait to see photos of Dobbin and Twinkle together :love:

When I took Pippa to Kays we put both MJ and Pippa, along with some veg, in a run in the garden and watched and waited. They sniffed a bit, chased a bit then MJ took a bit of veg over to Pippa and dropped it in front of her (I still get a lump in my throat when I think of that). After about 20 mins we left them together and watched from a distance and there was a bit more chasing and humping then they settled down eating and grooming each other. Kay did say it was the easiest bonding ever, but you never know, Twinkle and Dobbin might be that easy too. Good luck

Kathryn x

Good luck!
Don't think about all the difficult bonding stories you have heard - its just that the ones where they chase for five minutes then get on fine aren't as interesting! But there are plenty of times when it is straight forward.
Good luck :D

ooooh good luck!

This is what happened when I bonded Trip and Buu the first time. I put them both in the bathroom (neutral territory) with lots of toys, food, treats and a few cardboard boxes.

They ignored each other for about half an hour, then they lay down together for a bit. Trip tried to hump her a few times!

Then they had a fight. I dont think the fight was actually that bad, just the normal bonding fighting and chasing but I panicked and took Trip into the front room and put him on his rug. But Buu followed us into the front room, lay down next to Trip (this isnt neutral territory anymore, Trip thinks the front room is his) and look what happened

25617.jpg

Sorry its a tiny picture, it was taken about 2 hours after they were introduced! They were like this for a couple of days without any fighting, just cuddling and grooming. But family came to stay and I ended up seperating them and they were just constantly fighting when I tried bonding again. I am so tempted to try them again...

You could try mashed banana behind the ears to encourage grooming, someone on here told me to try that when I was having trouble the second time

Awww, good luck! Have they been living near each other since you got Twinkle? If so, they should already be used to each others smells etc.

Simba and Tinkerbell had a bit of humping but no aggression and were bonded within the hour!

Hope things go smoothly for you too!

Kate x

Good luck.. I will try bonding my two in a few weeks..
I did attempt 5 weeks ago but they had a fight and I've been to nervous since. :(
Karen x

Hello

Thank you all very much for the input - i will keep you all posted and post pictures where appropiate!!

I hope so much that they fall in love!!

I have just mopped the conservatory fall with disinfectant and set the big play pen up for tommorrow - all that is missing is food, water and bunnies!!!

I have been swapping blankets, heat pads and bits from litter trays!!! They have alos smelt each other on myeslf and OH!!

I so hope it goes smoothly!

Sue
xx

Back