• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Bald patch..

Wizbit

Alpha Buck
Bertie is a lionhead lop. He is moulting a little bit, but I have noticed that where the longer fur around his neck (his ruff) is, he has a bald patch. There is a tiny little patch of new fur sprouting and it doesn't look sore and he hasn't been scratching at it. Is this normal moulting do you think? :?

To be honest it sounds like mites, you may want to get him into the vets for a check u and a course of injections. :D

One of mine got a bit of a bald patch on their scruff when they had a heavy moult. Could be nothing, but probably worth getting it checked out :wink:

I havent a clue sorry, :oops: but I hope you get it sorted, I think I would just get Bertie checked out at the vets to be on the safe side :D

Nope, no dandruff, no flaky skin, it's not red and sore or anything. I may take him for a check up just to be sure though. Thanks for the replies everyone.

Wizbit said:
Nope, no dandruff, no flaky skin, it's not red and sore or anything. I may take him for a check up just to be sure though. Thanks for the replies everyone.

Let us know how you get on :D

When I remhomed Millie (she's a lionhead cross) she also had a bald patch I treated her for mights and it soon started to grow back I got the powder from local pet shop there are a few different types :). If you have more than one might be best to treat them all x

Well, i took Bertie to the vet on monday evening and she says that there is nothing to worry about, it's just a very heavy moult and she has seen it before in lionheads and lionhead lops. Bertie is quite happy and his 'ruff' is starting to sprout back now so nothing to worry about thankfully!

Thanks for all your replies tho... :D

Back