• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Is this normal behavior???

Melndan

Mama Doe
My mum's bunny, Smoky is nesting!!!

Now the thing is, Smoky is male, been de-plummed, but has built a nest complete with fur!!!!!

Is this a normal thing for a male bun to do? :lol:

I have a male bun that did this a couple of weeks ago. Vet checked for mites/skin irritation etc, but found nothing. He says that it may have been caused by stress :? He's part of a bonded 9, so vet said keep an eye on him closely. No more fur found since, & bun's fur is growing back (somewhat raggedly), so hoping it was a one-off. When i posted about it, though someone said that nesting in males sometimes happened?

Yes, unusual but not unknown. He should loose interest, in the mean time supplying extra bedding may help reduce the fur pulling. Does he have a partner? If not maybe a teddy to groom?

Tam

Thanks Guys.

Tam, he does have a wifey!!! He spent all day yesterday doing this, running round and picking up hay and straw from all over the hutch and taking it to the 'bedroom'
He hasn't been under any stressful conditions. Just wondering if this weather could be bothering him!!

Blue, my mini lop who lives with 2 spayed girlie buns nests!!!!! It shocked me at first but now i`m used to it. We call him our gender bender bunny! :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Su.x

cannonwoman said:
Blue, my mini lop who lives with 2 spayed girlie buns nests!!!!! It shocked me at first but now i`m used to it. We call him our gender bender bunny! :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Su.x

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Melndan said:
cannonwoman said:

Su.x

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Aww bless him :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mel is this Tarka's hubby? If so you did say she's a messy so and so and perhaps he's dropping hints about clearing the place up :D

honeybunny said:
Mel is this Tarka's hubby? If so you did say she's a messy so and so and perhaps he's dropping hints about clearing the place up :D
:lol: :lol: He must be a great house husband I reckon. Maybe I ought to bring him here to show my two how to keep a tidy hutch!!!! :lol:

Back