• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Oh lord

rineyroo said:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/WOODEN-2-STORY-RABBIT-HUTCH_W0QQitemZ120073637148QQihZ002QQcategoryZ63513QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item120073637148

THANX TO THE COLD WEATHER OVER XMAS BOTH OUR RABBITS HAVE DIED........
........ a sad painful death due to neglect and lack of love ........ :censored: !!!!!!! ********** :censored:

Have emailed the seller - probably get banned off ebay but I had to say something .........

That is disgusting. the state of it? probably dided from lack of care and attention. Poor buns.

:( :( Oh my god!!! Stupid stupid owner Thanx to the weather no thanks to them :evil: :evil: :evil:
It hasn't even been that cold this year has it ?

Not really. Mine have had extra straw, and a few extra pellets. But not as bad as it was last year.

Its not cold - I have known colder winters. They are obviously using this as an excuse and to get the sympathy vote. My buns and gp's live in my shed in hutches during the winter. However, I have only had the shed this winter and last winter. Before then my buns and piggies lived outside in hutches. AND THEY SURVIVED. We brought them as close to the house as possible by the patio doors. Covered the hutches as best we could to protect from the elements and gave extra bedding etc. It makes be so :censored: angry that people use the cold as an excuse. My original bunnies (Teapot and Porkpie) used to sit in the middle of the garden in all weathers, inc snow - they loved it. It worried me, cos I thought they should have been tucked up in their nice warm hutches, but they their lovely warm coats. It wasn't the cold that killed these bunnies ........

i can't believe that! My eyes have filled up at the thought of them poor buns dying a cold and lonely death with no love and probably no food ! Look at the state of the hutch and the shavings on the floor... :censored:

Tiger Lilly said:
i can't believe that! My eyes have filled up at the thought of them poor buns dying a cold and lonely death with no love and probably no food !

I know, thats just what I was thinking :cry: Its really upsetting.

What stupid, cruel people, as if weather this mild could kill them! And both of them as well...they must have died of illness! :evil:

Its hardly a great advert for the hutch either is it?

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
Those poor bunnies!!! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Su.x

It hasn't been cold, which makes me think it might be VHD, if that's right then surely that hutch could be a danger to teh next rabbit if someone buys it?

That has made me burst into tears - what a sad life. I have comforted myself with the hope that in the summer months they may have had a nice big run!! I doubt it but at least they are warm and running free where they are now x

Its not cold - I have known colder winters. They are obviously using this as an excuse and to get the sympathy vote

Exactly! My buns have been outside this winter with lots of hay and covered from wind and rain and they are fine :?

Copy of letter I've sent to them

Good Afternoon,

I’m very sorry to hear about the death of your rabbits, but having just read your advert for the sale of your hutch, I’ve notice you’ve stated that your rabbits have died because of the cold?

I would like you to alter your description if possible that their deaths might be due to the weather, but cause of death is unknown? I’m very concerned that the winter has in fact not been cold enough to kill two healthy rabbits!

I myself am a rabbit keeper and have had no problems due to the cold weather. What concerns me is that your hutch could be contaminated with something that is fatal to rabbits; maybe a contagious disease like VHD, EC etc if that is the case it could still be present in the wood, or there maybe something toxic in the hutch itself.

I’m appealing to your better nature, as someone in good faith could buy this hutch and it could then have terrible consequences to the rabbit/s that move into this hutch in the future.

Kind Regards
Teressa

Tht is awful, if thy did die frm the cold it's proably cuz thy were weak anyway, and 1 chewed through the mesh????Seperate 2 get out :cry: :cry: :cry:

Flo Posted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 12:00 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IMO that hutch should be burnt

good idea,, but in my opinion thise PEOPLE should be burnt!!!!!!!!

Fantastic letter. I know you probably had to reign yourself in a bit, but you managed to keep the tone Non-judgemental and appealed to their sense of fair-play. An aggressive tone would just be water off a duck's back to some folk. I hope it does some good, and makes them think a bit.

Back