• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Got new baby

00Geordie

Warren Scout
Got a other Lionhead rabbit this morning a pure black one long haired aged 4 & half months called shadow all ready he has had good look around his hutch and played with his toys a bit. came right into arms when I let him out of his carryer to put him in hutch. I just want to cuddle him right now but I'm not as I give him a couple of days to settle in first. So nice to have a other one in my life.
I post his photo in a few days.

Got him from breeder.
Yep still planing on having them as house buns just got one for now but will get play mate for him at later date. He is in his own room in house but locked in hutch still he settles in. Not sure to give some food later & a bit of feeding hay as was told he allready been fed today.

Rabbits should always have hay in their hutch so its alright to give him some :D

I would also give him some food, everything is probably a bit strange for him moving to a new home so make sure he has something to eat. You can get into a more regular feeding pattern when he is more setled

Was going to then breeder contacted me to offer one so I toke it. shadow is eating & drinking great and pooing is ok so pleased with him.

What do you mean by 'feeding hay' :? Rabbits should always have a plentiful supply of hay available, they both eat it and dig it and sleep on it....

Yes it's same breeder, but i'm very pleased with him as eating & drinking very good and normal poos.
By feeding hay I mean Supa Forage Excel. I also hay from his bedding.
He is a very alert when I go in or near his room.

As other people have said already, he should have constant access to plenty of hay. Without hay, he WILL die. Theres no question about it. Give him as much food and water as he wants, he's a baby anyway so his food shouldn't be limited because he's growing.

Gets plenty of hay as use hay for bedding plus Supa Forage Excel to eat wish he loves allways got to keep topping up.

rachael1969 said:
Why did you choose to get a bun from the breeder and not a rescue bun??? :? :? :? :shock: :shock: :?: :?:

When 00Geordie originally posted - they said that they had been offered another bun from the Breeder, after theirs had died - so think it's that one.

rachael1969 said:
Why did you choose to get a bun from the breeder and not a rescue bun??? :? :? :? :shock: :shock: :?: :?:

Why is it your business.

People should not be scrutinised for getting buns from a breeder.

I personally chose to rescue all of my buns but if Geordie chose to get theirs from a breeder then it's their perogative... but like Angie said...

lynda_m said:
rachael1969 said:

Why is it your business.

I personally chose to rescue all of my buns but if Geordie chose to get theirs from a breeder then it's their perogative... but like Angie said...

I was only asking Lynda. Geordie asked many questions about getting a rescue bun, and seemed genuinely interested.

You didnt need to be so rude! :(

rachael1969 said:
lynda_m said:
rachael1969 said:

Why is it your business.

I was only asking Lynda. Geordie asked many questions about getting a rescue bun, and seemed genuinely interested.

I've always assumed your girls came from a breeder anyway?

kayjay said:
rachael1969 said:
lynda_m said:
rachael1969 said:

Why is it your business.

I've always assumed your girls came from a breeder anyway?

No, all my girls were unwanted buns.

Back