• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Please buy and destroy .

The poor animal that had to live in that :evil: Why oh why do manufacturers make such a ridiculous sized hutch?!

mandy said:
The poor animal that had to live in that :evil: Why oh why do manufacturers make such a ridiculous sized hutch?!

Our favourite shop is selling a 2ft hutch at the moment for the bargain price of £29 :evil: :evil:

oh my word :shock: :shock:
larch came to me in something similar to that :(
i must say though, it made a very handy carrier for when he and his wife moved to yorkshire.
though mine must have been bigger as their litter tray fitted into the sleeping area. that means that one is even smaller :cry:

kayjay said:
mandy said:

Our favourite shop is selling a 2ft hutch at the moment for the bargain price of £29 :evil: :evil:

My god! As a big organisation why cant they set an example to others and only sell ones 4ft and upwards?!! :evil: They'd make more money that way anyway.

I have used these hutches before :oops: I think this is a 2 '8" one, I have bolted 2 together and made a nice hole through the two and placed a tube to guide two piggies from one hutch to another. That is the only good thing I can say about these, for that use they are good value :wink: :shock:

I just can't understand why pet shops sell such ridiculous hutches. Surely they'd make so much more profit on a nice 5 x 2 x 2 or 6ft one? :?

That's the hutch that a little (soon to be big) bunny lives in over the back from me. She is beautiful and her name is Ruby. She gets out about once every two weeks :cry: . I spoke to her owner the other day and when I asked how Ruby was doing, she said "Oh she's great, she is getting out lots and lots" :x :x :x Lies. The amount of time I spend outside daily with my buns and I have never seen her out, only approx every two, maybe three weeks for ten minutes. My o/h thinks that the neighbour only said that because she is embarrassed at how often she must see mine in the garden.

I am working on befriending her owners though I know they think I am mad for the time I spend out with my bunnies. She also has no hay as "she eats it". :cry: :cry: :cry: They don't listen. I have lost sleep numerous times over Ruby rabbit. I hope I can help her one day.

Fiona x

Hi

We have just emailed the seller asking if they know how cruel it is to put guinea pigs (Let alone a rabbit, small or otherwise) in such a tiny cage ( you cant call it a hutch): keep you posted on the response, if we even get one! :twisted: :evil: :evil:

With the law changing on keeping animals this year surely this should stop shops or anyone selling hutches so tiny?

Mel & Jac - and thumps is petitioning this one too lol xx

thumpysniffingabouthernewhome.jpg
[/img]

Someone gave my hubby one of these hutched last week, he brought it home anyway knowing i wouldnt use it for any of my animals. But it has come in useful!!!!!! As a step for Charlie my rabbit to sit on and look of the playhouse window :D

To Nicole,
I think its fantastic that you wont sell the tiny hutches in your pet shop. You should be proud of yourself- I wish more pet shop owners were like you!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

I have just emailed him asking to destroy it. That is far too small for even a hamster to live in :twisted:

OMG, that's the same hutch I saw at the weekend in this new housey shop which has opened in York. I was raving and disgusted, poor hubbie got an ear full with my moaning!

THE RESPONSE FROM EBAY SELLER!

Hi all

Here is the response I got from the seller on ebay when I questioned the reason for selling something sooooo small for animals that require LOADS of room:

cheshirechicks( 432)
Positive feedback: 99.3%
Registered on: www.ebay.co.uk

Item: CHILDS WOODEN GUINEA PIG RABBIT INDOOR CAGE GREAT PRICE (160071375951)
This message was sent while the listing was active.
cheshirechicks is the seller.

if you are that botherd about animals buy the cage yourself and i will smash it up and e mail you the photo PUT YOUR MONEY WERE YOUR MOUTH IS COME ON GET YOUR PURSE OUT

I would like to say 'what a really grown up consciencious seller hmmm! Dont people like this really make your blood boil :twisted: :twisted:

Aren't they just, I was very polite and said I do not mean to offend you but why are you selling a product you claim to be fit for guinea pigs or a small rabbit when it is not fit for purpose in either senario? Now they seem fit to email insults to my ebay account.......childish! Trading standards & the RSPCA would just love this seller lol....

Back