• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Sometimes ..

beckiboo186

Warren Veteran
.. You wonder why we bother :( Today at the bus stop, My friend asked how Jen was getting on, and this girl asked who Jen was, so we said she was my foster rabbit, and the girl comes out with 'Whats a foster rabbit?' - Explained that, believe it or not, its a rabbit that you foster!! :roll: Then anyway, Mel asked if her aggression was still getting better, and the girl goes 'An Aggressive rabbit?!! :shock: :lol: Urm .. Yup! Then she says 'Your trying to tell me that you can get aggressive rabbits?! ... but they're only this big' (Makes her hand into the size of a mouse!! :roll:) Then the bus came and she goes, Hmm - anyway, what was the point saving it if it bites? ... :shock: :shock: :shock: Worst thing was, she found it so hillariously funny, i was seriously concerened that she'd wet herself!! Makes me mad :x ... and sad :cry: X

Awww Becki don,t let this idiot get you down.I know how you feel though.I just think to myself what an ignorant :censored: Unfortunately some people are just like this. :?

Unfortunatly there are a lot of people who think rabbits are 'just rabbits', animals that don't deserve companionship or toys or space to run about. :roll: I wish so much we could teach them all different, but some people are just ignorant and set in their ways. Don't let them get you down hun, it's their loss. After all we know what wonderful animals bunnies really are! :D

I know I shouldnt let it get to me, but it really does :oops: The bit that really got me was that though ..
beckiboo186 said:
and she goes, Hmm - anyway, what was the point saving it if it bites? ... :shock: :shock: :shock:
.. took it really personally :roll: Thought of little Jen, No problem at all - sat waiting for me getting home, then shes saying that?! :roll: X

:( I know its hard and i also take things personally.A bloke at work asked me today if anybody else thought i was a weirdo for having so many animals :? I really had to bite my tongue or i would have lost it.

I think showing people the damage Calel did to my wrist might put them off getting a "fluffy pet for their 2 year old".

You can borrow him if you like :wink: :lol:

I am known at work as the bunny woman. They cant see the point of helping them either. One comment was "if you cant find good homes, then why dont you just release them into the wild" :shock:

There's definitely a stigma attached to having rabbits which isn't there when it comes to cats or dogs. My brother's girlfriend has twice asked me why I have rabbits and "isn't that something you do when you're like, 5 years old?" :roll:

My sister and her boyfriend were here last night making fun of me because I had Scarlett in the house.

He kept saying she would be happier in her hutch and it was wierd that I kept patting her because its not like she is a cat or dog :roll:

Then he went mad because she went up to him and put her front paws on his leg. He was like oh rabbits have flies and stuff around them get it away from me :evil:

I ended up taking her upstairs and crying, my aunt and cousin have been round everyday this week going on about them too. Its really hard not to take it personally sometimes :cry:

Flo said:
I am known at work as the bunny woman. They cant see the point of helping them either. One comment was "if you cant find good homes, then why dont you just release them into the wild" :shock:

I received an email yesterday titled "rabbit lady" I had to laugh. It was sent to me by mistake, it was sposed to be going to a guy who wanted to rehome a rabbit and contained my address for him! :lol:

Some people just don't understand that animals have needs and feelings too. Whatever has made Jen like she is.....is probably because of someone just like the girl at the bus stop.

The stigma people have with some animals is amazing. I spoke to someoone at work today about the PR ferret shows i am going to this year...he said "why'd you bother. Everyone knows they stink and hunt rabbits, n bite!!"

ARRRGGGHHH!! :evil:

i know its so difficult not to take it personally becki, but people like this girl dont matter, what matters is that you are giving jen the chance of a happy life with a loving family

I think most people are ignorant to animals welfare and being because they don't actually have alot to care about in their own lives.

These sort of people are normally very shallow and self obessed, and think material possesions as being more important than an animal or other human being.

Unfortunately, they will never experience they joy and companionship an animal can bring to someone's life.

The only feeling these sort of people deserve are pity for being so ignorant to what is around them.

Back