• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Magnetic collar for arthritic rabbits?

abbymarysmokey

Wise Old Thumper
I've just seen Bionic Bunny's post about the goats and donkeys

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/viewtopic.php?t=36896

I'm particularly interested in the part about the goat with arthritis who improved with a magnetic collar.

Has anybody heard of there being any benefits for rabbits?

One of my rabbits suffers terribly with arthritis in her front legs. She's on daily metacam and glucosamine/chondritin already, but any other remedies (especially non-drug ones) would certainly be worth trying :D :D

Amy

I dont know if they work, but anything is worth a go if your bun is in pain.
Please let us know how things go :D

Thanks for the links Abi :D

I've never heard of NZYMES before. The American website says they've been used to treat horses and chincillas, so I guess they'd be safe for rabbits?? :?:

i think i will email them and ask as i would be interested to know in future just in case my buns get anything later in life :D

With Maisie (the goat) it was a case of her being chronically stiff and she struggled getting up and down. Whether it is coincidence or the collar we'll never know but she is definately better than she was! We took her on a 30 minute walk a week ago which she would have never managed a few weeks ago. We also had similar results with a donkey. I'd say with arthritis try anything that might help!

Back