• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Piggy indoor run - advice please!

Amethyst

Warren Veteran
Hi everyone,

What with all the changes afoot re. bonding all 6 of my bunnies, we will have more space to allow the piggies to run around. I want to build them a run where China and Rocket used to have theirs, but the problem is that we were using a puppy pen with flexible panels for this run, and Miles would nudge at it, pushing it inwards, bothering Rocket and encroaching on his space! I'd far rather the same was not repeated for this run, but how do I construct one that's "non-push-in-able"?

Any and all ideas gratefully received!

AMETHYST

I'd like to know too, I used run made from grids and Fudge escaped by pushing it over and ended up sitting in the washing machine looking for the girl pigs as their bedding was in there :lol: I think I might make a wooden run for them so it's heavier.

What about making a small wooden frame that sits on the floor and fits inside the enclosure perfectly. Could be used to hold down whatever you put on the floor (were you using some sort of sheeting, can't remember?) and would stop the pens being pushed in. I have a puppy pen set up with the base of crate inside and this stopped the pen from folding inwards as the base is high enough and strong enough to stop the pen.
You could make it a bit higher, sort of skirting board height, to contain any mess too.

Put a brick or something heavyeither side- this is what I do for my fosters and they cant then move it forward or back.

I think the brick idea is looking good! We're going to put some lino down to cover the area of the run (cos piggies wee a lot! :lol:) but I was worried about poops getting underneath the lino as well as the run being pushed in. If I line the edge of the lino with bricks, it'll keep the pen in place and the lino firmly stuck to the floor! :thumb:

Only thing is - where do I buy bricks from?! :?

I'll take piccies when it's done! :D

AMETHYST

I think you can get them places like B and q for about 50p each?

I just got ours from a dodgy wall in our garden :oops:

Back