• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Sorry... but it's a poo question!!!

Tiger Lilly

Warren Scout
Whispy my little man seems to be having a bit of a problem with a poopy bum! :oops:

We are having to clean him up every night, because it seems to be everywhere, up his belly, on is feet everywhere! He is a white bunny.. not a good look.. :shock: :shock: (sorry if this is a bit tooo much information!)) and he hates being picked up and messed with.

He is trying to clean himself but is not making a very good job. Poor little man... when he is asleep during the day, he just 'goes' and hence, is covered in it on a night!!!!! He is only a year n a half old...

We haven't changed any part of his diet.. food nor hay. He isn't poorly in any other way and his behaviour hasn't changed.....he is still eating his first poos.....

Any thing i should be worried about, maybe take him to the vets to get checked out??? And any other advice would be greatly appreciated.!!!!

Worried bunny mummy :( :shock:

you should get him checked out by a vet because dodgy bottoms can be a sign of underlying problems with teeth etc

also you could try to change him onto science selective if he's not already on it - my gus had the same problem and we switched him from excel on ss, he's now much better :D

Try giving more hay and cutting down on pellets a tiny bit (not much cos you don't want to upset his tum if it's already dodgy!). Also take him to the vet who will be able to rule out teeth probs.

Good luck with the little guy!

AMETHYST

Thanks Amethyst, i really hope its not his teeth!!!! :?
I will cut down a little bit on pellets and see if that helps him! Also double up on hay for him to munch on !!! Thanks again ! x

Alice used to have the same problem but I found that increasing her fibre intake worked. I started to use the Protexin Pro-Fibre for Rabbits but this was only because she couldn't eat hay as she didn't have any teeth!

Also, if she got a bit porky it was a bit more difficult for her to clean herself!! :oops:

Gemma x

is he eating enough hay? Double check the amt. of hay on the bowl, as a test, get enough that you can tell if there is a drop in comsumption.

If there is not enough fibre, that would explain your problem. The fact that a rabbit used to eat hay, doesn't mean they would eat hay now.

Back