• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I Have Had to Seperate Chloe and Rodney-U/D Reunited

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
Chloe developed Baytril Burn after a course of treatment for cystitis 3 weeks ago. The area scabbed over well but last night Rodney ATE all the scab off :shock: This has left a gapping whole in Chloe :cry:

We have seen Christobel who advised Chloe is started on Depocillin injections as the area is at risk of abscessating :cry: I also have to flush the wound and apply a gel to encourage tissue healing. There is no way I can leave her with Rodney as he just wont stop licking and nibbling the wound. Chloe just sits there letting him do it :shock: So now their pen is divided into 2 and neither of them are impressed with me... :cry: :cry:
I just hope Chloe heals up ok. If there is no improvement by Thursday she'll need surgery :cry:

Janex

tupperwarequeen said:
oh no :shock: :shock:

he probably thinks he is helping :? hope the wound heals well...noserubs and healing vibes on the way :wink:

It is really GROSS. You can see all the muscle tissue :mrgreen:

Janex

Awwwwwwww poor Chloe. I hope her wound heals soon and she won`t need surgery.
Sending extra special nose rubs & i hope they can be reunited soon.

Su.x

Aww poor chloe XXX im sure that once she's healed you will bakc in the good books Jane XXX I hate having to seperate buns for something like this it is heartbreaking looking at them but so much better when all is healed and ok XXX

Aww :( Is Baytril burn as persistant in rabbits as in rats? Most owners won't have Baytril injected anymore incase of it, someone I know had to have it done and the rat had a huge burn for months. I visited quite a while afterwards and although it was all dry by then it was still quite a big scab.
Could it not be covered or could you not apply something like Bitterbite around the edges to make it taste foul?
I've heard that grapefruit extract is a good antibacterial and also tastes really foul.
It's a shame to have to split them when she's already poorly :(

:shock: This thread is a bit weird - my name is Chloe and my sister is Christabel ...... but there the resemblance ends ..... :?
So sorry Chloe's poorly, I do hope she gets better soon and doesn't miss Rodney too much in the mean time.x

fluffiebunnie said:
Poor Chloe. Hope she gets better soon. Is it easy to reintroduce them or do you have to start from scratch???

I am hoping they will be OK to get back together. They are in their usual pen which I have divided into 2. I will switch them around from one side to the other in the hope that this will minimise them getting terratorial.
Hope it works... :? :?

Janex

Re: I Have Had to Seperate Chloe and Rodney

Jack's-Jane said:
Chloe developed Baytril Burn after a course of treatment for cystitis 3 weeks ago. The area scabbed over well but last night Rodney ATE all the scab off :shock: This has left a gapping whole in Chloe :cry:

We have seen Christobel who advised Chloe is started on Depocillin injections as the area is at risk of abscessating :cry: I also have to flush the wound and apply a gel to encourage tissue healing. There is no way I can leave her with Rodney as he just wont stop licking and nibbling the wound. Chloe just sits there letting him do it :shock: So now their pen is divided into 2 and neither of them are impressed with me... :cry: :cry:
I just hope Chloe heals up ok. If there is no improvement by Thursday she'll need surgery :cry:

Janex

I did not know that could happen :shock:
Is it just after one injection this can happen?

nicole said:
Jack's-Jane said:

Janex

If it's the same as with rats, it's more to do with the way it's injected. However, as rats have a smaller body surface than rabbits the scab can affect them in quite a big way so generally Baytril is only given orally when needed. I think Marbocyl is similar but doesn't produce this burn when injected.

Karly said:
nicole said:
Jack's-Jane said:

Janex

If it's the same as with rats, it's more to do with the way it's injected. However, as rats have a smaller body surface than rabbits the scab can affect them in quite a big way so generally Baytril is only given orally when needed. I think Marbocyl is similar but doesn't produce this burn when injected.

I'll remember that :D

Well I really could not bare to see Chloe and Rodney looking so glum so I allowed them back together and observed what Rodders did. Thankfully he has left Chloe's wound alone. I think I may have 'broken the cycle' of him licking/nibbling at it by keeping them apart all day. I am going to risk leaving them together overnight as they really were very unhappy when seperated.

Janex

Back