• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Feeling like a real meanie - plan added !

this is a kind of good news ...bad news...thing.

We are having our garden done...hurrah, hedges on both sides going to be replaced by a fence..much more bunny friendly (they all get under that hedge despite my best bunny proofing attempts). The top of the garden is going to be slabbed over so that the rabbits sheds can go up there, then we have decided to fence off the whole top section of the garden, so they'll have absolutley loads of room to play.

BUT

while all this is done I have had to confine all the bunnies to barracks :? They are all in their sheds with a wire panel across the doors so they still get fresh air, but I can't risk them out in the runs while all the work goes on, there is not enough room cos we have had to shift the sheds up to one end of the patio so the men can work on the other end, also its very windy and I would be worried about the workmens stuff getting blown into or onto the runs....so all things considered, while the workmen are here they are not getting as much run space :( I have told them that once its all done it will be much better, but seeing buns sitting by the door looking out gloomily is making me feel like a right mean old bag :shock: :roll:

Awwww i am sure they will be ok and will forgive once their nice new garden is finished :D

Aww Sally, they'll be ok and im sure they'll be very very happy once all the work is finished!! It sounds as though it's going to be wonderful!

I'm so excited, I HATE the hedges which are on all sides of our garden (we are in the unfortunate situation of being responsible for BOTH borders :shock: )

we will gain about 2 ft on each side as the hedges are on our side of the borders, the garden will seem huge :shock:

I am busy online window shopping for fence panels and a gate to separate the kids area from the bunny area. I am also trying to figure out how to cover over the space to protect from overhead predators :? any suggestions gratefully received :wink:

tupperwarequeen said:
I'm so excited, I HATE the hedges which are on all sides of our garden (we are in the unfortunate situation of being responsible for BOTH borders :shock: )

we will gain about 2 ft on each side as the hedges are on our side of the borders, the garden will seem huge :shock:

I am busy online window shopping for fence panels and a gate to separate the kids area from the bunny area. I am also trying to figure out how to cover over the space to protect from overhead predators :? any suggestions gratefully received :wink:

Sally when i had the giant runs we used Pea netting, it worked a treat and there are buzzards around my mums house

Sounds fantastic !! No wonder you are all excited :lol: Please let us see some pics when done ! Im very excited too my new buns come tomorrow ! Im not sure what you could use over the space as it seems so big. Maybe some netting ? Sure your buns wont mind being shut in when they see their new homes ! :D

well if my gcse maths has held up over the years, once finished the whole area will be 176ft!!! There will be space taken up by the sheds, so that won't all be run space though :shock:

ok, not sure if this will work, but this is a rough plan (not to scale!)

rabbitarea.jpg

they are getting the top third of the garden, the next third will be grass for the kids, then the bottom bit nearest the house will be a nice patio.....minus bunny poo :lol: :lol: :lol:

tupperwarequeen said:
they are getting the top third of the garden, the next third will be grass for the kids, then the bottom bit nearest the house will be a nice patio.....minus bunny poo :lol: :lol: :lol:

At least that's the plan!! :lol: :lol: Sounds great Sally - the buns will love it!x

WOW it will be great, I know how you feel about not letting the buns out, I feel awful too, our garden is a building site at the mo so Bella and Benji are confined to the Bunny Palace :cry: :cry:

IMG_5364.jpg

IMG_5365.jpg

It will be worth it when its all done, thats what I keep telling myself, and the buns :D :roll:

I have the top patio for buns and Joey and mr C free range there when Im about. Im lucky as my garden is partioned into three by trellis. Louis and Lottie are on top patio too. Middle bit is the pond and errm Reubens run and hutch and the soon to come whopper with m & m :oops: Bottom is gravel gardens with ahem Chicken run and house. Not sure where we will sit this summer ! :lol: :lol: Im loving it though ! I do have lots of flower beds at the sides though.

Ali thats what mine looked like last year with work in progress. :D

wow look at all that mud for digging in :shock: :shock: my lot would be covered :lol: :lol:

They don't seem too bad, I think its my guilt more than anything :?
Its been so windy and rainy they probably wouldn't have spent much time outside today anyway. What really concerns me is there will be no border at the sides and the wall at the side of the house is coming down too, so if they managed to escape they'd be gone in a flash. just call me mrs paranoid, I will be happy once its all finished :roll:

Back