• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

To eat or not to eat???

Dobbin

Mama Doe
Sorry i have a couple of questions.

Firstly when we first got Twinkle all she was having before was pellets - no hay or anything - now she loves hay, has a few pellets and likes parsley and carrott tops - but thats it i can't get her to eat cucumber or celery that Dobbin likes. IS this ok? All opinions are appreciated thanks.

Secondly she is a very slow eater and will go to her food when she wants it however Dobbin gobbles it up immediately - what do i do if they bond well and get married?!?! Do i give them separate bowls, feed them away from each other or will they sort it out??

Thirdly - sorry about this - How much in a day are you feeding your buns? I am worried i am underfeeding or overfeeding them.

Thank you.

I hope everyone has a great day. :D

Sue
xx

Hi,

If Twinkle is eating her hay and pellets I would not worry. Rabbits are just like us they like some food and don't like others. Very few of my buns have ever eaten cucumber or celery (I don't like them either!). Have you tried things like corriander, kale or greeens?

As for the bowl thing, all my bonded pairs have a bowl each to make sure they can both get to food if they want (although we have 1 bun that we empty both bowls if given the opportunity). They should be munching all day. Just keep an eye and things and if you can monitor their weight to ensure ones not losing and the other gaining lots!

when duchess first came to live with teegs she used to gobble up all the pellets before he had a chance so i was adviced to get 2 treatballs and they worked wonders. both bunnies go after a different treatball and so i know they both get fed :D
my bunnies both love celery and cucumber (then again i havent yet found a vege that my two dont love :roll: ) have you tried her with other veges like kale, greens, spinach, savoy cabbage etc? also have you tried her with celery leaves? my two always eat them first :D
my two get a teaspoon of A&P peelets each day, unlimited hay (different types and topped up throughout the day) and a large selection of mixed veges in the evening. i would go by physical appearence, if they look skinny give them a little more if they get porky cut back a bit :D

good luck with the bonding :D

It sounds like she is having a good diet so I wouldn't worry, especially if she is eating plenty of hay :D
I wouldn't worry too mauch about what happens when you introduce them, wait and see how it goes.

Back