• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Lining Hutches...

Veronica

Mama Doe
Do any of you waterproof the bottoms of your hutches? If you do, what do you use? If you have pics I'd really appreciate seeing them too :)

Look forward to your responses for ideas :)

Veronica x

Do you mean where the wee goes? If so I use vinyl floor tiles, pack of six £1 from the pound shop. They're great :thumb:.

I have the entire floor of the upper part of my hutch done with self- adhesive kitchen floor tiles from B&Q or Focus. I also stuck some at the back of the wall where the litter trays are as Bournville tended to back right up and aim over the high backed tray. Typical male! :? :wink:

yep i use the poundland ones aswell - bought 2 packs today to use and gunna buy more in week to store away incase i need more because i noticed the pile is alot smaller than it used to be in poundland now

Do you mean where the wee goes? If so I use vinyl floor tiles, pack of six £1 from the pound shop. They're great .

That's what I put in my hutch.. It doesn't really get used often I bought it for foster buns to use as an emergency hutch..

I put vinyl sticky plastic stuff but it peeled and they chewed it and the pee seeped under it so now I just use shavings. There's not much pee anyway as they mostly go in their litter box.

Mine have lino on the floor and up the sides..esp the boys! Then for the bedding they have newspaper, then sawdust..happy hippy hoppy bunnies

bumble3130 said:
dont u be going getting the last ones like u did with the willow baskets missy :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hey! There were 3 baskets left when I got mine! :lol:

Havn't got time to go to shops with Lucifer (a.k.a. Poppy) to look after.....

I use black sacks, then a few layers of newspaper and then straw (as woodshavings gets tangled in their fur (they are lionheads). I find this really works and if they do manage to miss the litter tray it doesn't take forever to dry the hutch out!

sarah im going up town in week...do you want me to get you some ? how many packs to do u want? they come with 6 tiles in each. let me know and ill grab some for ya :wink:

This is great - I didn't know the pound shop sold stuff like this - will be heading down there when I'm next off shift! :D

i always pop into poundland atleast once a week. some of the stuff they get is amazing then other times they seem to have nothing but total rubbish :lol:

Back