• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Shed question & Honey's booked in for her spay

GemmaH

Mama Doe
My new furries shed has electricity now so went in with my husband last night to discuss what we're going to do in there. It's 12'x8' and I'm going to have 3 blocks of 3 hutches (4'x2') for my guinea pigs which are mostly in pairs and the floor space will be for the rabbits. Rather than trying to build two seperate sections for the rabbits I decided to get Honey booked in for her spay asap and then move them into the new shed together as neutral territory. I'm hoping that bonding won't be too bad as they just have wire mesh between them at the moment so are used to each other - what do you think? Also I want to put a bedroom box in the shed for them - what size do you think would be appropriate for two French Lops? They won't be shut in it at any time.

So, Honey is booked in next Monday, how long after her spay will I have to wait before introducing her to Jasper?

Sorry for all the questions!

I think it will probably help with bonding that they are used to each other from being seperated by the wire mesh :D

Im not sure what size will be needed for french lops but Im sure someone on here will know

I think you just have to wait until she is fully recovered from the operation

Good luck with the bonding, I will be trying to bond my two soon and Im getting scared :oops: :lol:

Hi Gemma good luck with your bonding and hope the spaying goes well :D I would just Just wait until she is all healed up and back to her normal self before I would do the bonding, you know your bunny best. Your shed sounds excellent ! The hidey hole or sleeping bit I would think a 4 by 2ft would be great, as they wont be shut in it. :D

Dave was trying to tell me that 2'x2', not sure it's registered with him how big a Frenchie grows, he might be in for a shock :lol: :lol:

Hoping to get him to build a permanent run on the side too once the weather improves :D

The run sounds excellent Gemma. My frenchies are 17 weeks now and are big big bunnies already :lol: :lol:

Aww, your bunnies are all lovely, I have a soft spot for Frenchies though! Just noticed that you're in Solihull, I'm from Nuneaton originally, not too far from you. I go back quite regularly as my family are still there.

You must pop in when the weather warms up, you would be more than welcome. Yeh Nuneaton just up m42 :D

Are you going to neuter Jasper as well? Just thinking he might constantly try to hump Honey otherwise and it might help the bonding?

I am going to neuter Jasper but I just want to get them in the shed asap and this was the quickest way I thought! If bonding doesn't work we'll have to get him neutered and try again after that :)

tupperwarequeen said:
could they both go in for ops at the same time?

That's what I was thinking unless his bits haven't appeared yet as I know he's younger than Honey :wink:

tupperwarequeen said:
could they both go in for ops at the same time?

Well they could in theory but do they need to come inside afterwards because I couldn't have them both in at once?

Back