• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

The Great Escape

I keep on waking to find Zeb bouncing around on the bed. His pen is 3 foot high and he's still a smallish bun so i didnt think he could jump out.

I decided to watch him when i put him back in. The little tyrant is leaping onto the radiator in his pen (which is about 2 inches deep and 2 1/2 high) and scrabbling over it to jump over the pen!!!

We've had to widen his pen now so the radiator is nowhere near the edge!

but he still kept me up all night trying to escape :lol:

Where there's a will there's a way :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Naughty little bunny :lol:

My run is just a tad over 3' and Floss, who is only a small dainty wee thing, managed to scramble out of it from a standing start with nothing to jump from!. I'd left the lid off as I never dreamt she'd be able to get out as I'd removed the boxes etc. Fortunately I was able to catch her(this was in the garden!!) and I deliberately left the lid off again to see how she did it!! I suspect she's got retractable crampons secreted about her person!!! :lol: Clever bun.

My run is just a tad over 3' and Floss, who is only a small dainty wee thing, managed to scramble out of it from a standing start with nothing to jump from!.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Aww! I have watched Trip try to climb up the side of the run :shock:

It never occurred to me that she could get out of a 3' high run! The mesh is very rigid and she just scrabbled and scrambled up and over! If it had been cheap chicken wire she couldn't have done it as it would have been too floppy to support her efforts :lol:

Well at 3am this morning i heard snorting and stamping that sounded suspciously close to my bed - and lo and behold - a minute later Zeb was bouncing around the bed again!

This time the evidence was plain - he'd shoved up one of the pen panels which are held by cable ties - normally they slide down again but if shoved up repeatedly sometimes they snag. He'd snuck under the 3 inch gap to get out!

So naughty bunny is getting a new pen built tonight - or i may be ordering a 4ft dog cage for overnight security which will be a last resort until he moves in with Frida.

A 4' cage sounds like a simple solution to the problem. He'll have masses of space as you can put different levels in for him to climb over and under.

Back