• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Free French Lop Who Has Been Evicted From 3 Homes.....

i see that he is from a breeder :? does this maybe mean he has health or behaviour problems as rehomed 3 times is excessive for his age. poor mite, hope he finds a forever home

Orange Lop

Hi,

This is what the email from the lady advertising him said:

Hi there
He was not bred by me but he is a nice shape, ears hang nice ect, but I don't think he will be a huge buck. Saying that when he was here my friend put him to her big doe and the babies were lovely.
He lived as a house rabbit for a while then the ladies toddler started getting rough with him so she thought it wasn't fair on the rabbit to keep him , so he came to me. I then found him another home as a house rabbit , a few months later the lady went back to work full time and he started getting left all day so started to chew her bathroom, so he has come back to me again.He isn't castrated , but I just want to find him a permanent home where he can finally settle down.
I have had several enquiries but no one has got back with a definite answer as yet.

Hope this is helpful,

Sue

I so wish i could take him on! :( He is so gorgeous!

Amy
xxx

PS I really hope someone can find him a great home forever.

This Handsome chap as now got his forever home in Grimsby. I have had an email off the lady. The rabbit was in perfect health and wasn't bred by her, she rescues more than she breeds. She was quite upset about some of the comments made about her especially as she isn't a member of the forum and the fact that people don't know her.
These comments have come from the lady herself and wanted me to pass it on.

I'm sorry if the lady was offended but given we knew nothing about the bunny and the history of alot of breeders and free ads buns you can't help but wonder! i send my apologies
The main thing is the bunny has found a forever home and thats all that matters.

I thought i would just introduce myself.My name is Christine and i am the lady who was rehoming this rabbit, who i may add was the most beautiful friendly rabbit anyone could wish for ,with no health problems.
I do breed a few litters a year but this is all.Not all breeders are irresponsible and overbreed hundreds of rabbits each year, so please do not tar us all with the same brush. Some of us are actually very nice people with rabbits best interests at heart. I take in and rehome more rescue rabbits each year than i breed and sell myself.I only have 6 does and three bucks and they have a wonderful life with lots of care , exercise and more importantly they are loved.If you do see anymore of my ads for rescue bunnies in the future please believe that they are genuine rescues needing loving homes and not just my 'ill unwanted cast offs' , The rabbits i do sell are lovely friendly healthy babies and i do my best to find them loving permenant homes. Thankyou for listening.

christine said:
I thought i would just introduce myself.My name is Christine and i am the lady who was rehoming this rabbit, who i may add was the most beautiful friendly rabbit anyone could wish for ,with no health problems.
I do breed a few litters a year but this is all.Not all breeders are irresponsible and overbreed hundreds of rabbits each year, so please do not tar us all with the same brush. Some of us are actually very nice people with rabbits best interests at heart. I take in and rehome more rescue rabbits each year than i breed and sell myself.I only have 6 does and three bucks and they have a wonderful life with lots of care , exercise and more importantly they are loved.If you do see anymore of my ads for rescue bunnies in the future please believe that they are genuine rescues needing loving homes and not just my 'ill unwanted cast offs' , The rabbits i do sell are lovely friendly healthy babies and i do my best to find them loving permenant homes. Thankyou for listening.

Hello Christine, welcome to RU :D I am pro rescue but have been to a local breeder of French Lops who was as rabbit mad as anyone on here, her rabbits were cared for better than most and had a wonderful life with her, so I know not all breeders are 'bad'. I'm really pleased the bun has found a good home, three homes due to no fault of his own - he deserves a settled forever home. I hope you continue to post on here, especially if you have any rescues who need a home, as we all have the interests of rabbits at heart.

Kathryn x

Hi Christine and welcome to RU! I'm so glad you've taken him as I've been mentally making space .... :lol: He's gorgeous! I really hope you keep posting and I'm afraid we are all picture lovers on here so please post some!!

christine said:

Hi :wave:

Welcome to RU! It's great that you rescue - sorry if any of our posts offended you - we have seen some shocking things on the Free-ads, so tend to have an immediate opinion when we see anything now :oops: - Have you tried listing your rabbits of Rabbit Rehome? :D

Hello Christine & welcome to the forum....
:wave:
I don't think all breeders are bad.. I just find it very sad when the rabbits have done their breeding & then they are finished with! :( :(
Thats what I find upsetting.. :( :(

Hi Christine, :wave:
Sorry if some of our comments have offended you. :oops: I know sometimes i can jump to the wrong conclusions, it`s just i`ve seen so many horror stories it`s easy to do so. Hope you can understand.
Anyway, welcome to RU & would love to see some piccies of your bunnies, I love frenchies!!!!!

Su.x

three homes

Hi christine and welcome to RU :) If you like to look on the welfare section a few weeks ago there was a thread about "good breeders" :) many of whom like yourself are also rescuers :) I have been lucky in being able to visit a few good breeders in my area and have been amazed at their knowledge and expertise :) I always like to see the good side of everyone and would NEVER comdemn :( I do hope that you continue to come on here :) I am sure you would be a valuable member :)

Back