• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Can anyone or rescues help two free rabbits in Blackburn

Spacegirl

Mama Doe
I have been in contact with a lady regarding an add on ebay. She has a doe and an elderly buck she wants to rehome "ASAP" :(
She is selling for them to go for nothing and has now ended the auction early - I think because she has realised it is a bad way to rehome the animals.
They are in Blackburn (not Bradford as previously stated!!!sorry!). Can anyone offer them a home or a place in rescue? I would really like to be able to help these rabbits but I am so far away.
Any help gratefully received!

Are they (or at least one of them) neutered? I breifly saw the ad on Ebay before if was removed and they were both in the hutch.

Is she giving the hutch with them (do you know the dimensions).

I doubt I could convince the OH but the info may be useful for someone.

Neither are nuetered/spayed. Sorry for the confusion over place names. Are either of you still able to help? (Not good with geography sorry!)
They are not bonded and do not come with hutch (unless you want to hand over a tenner for a piece of :censored: !)

Sorry to far away to even think about. :(

I take it the female will be pregant too which makes it even more difficult to offer help :( Also don't have a spare hutch but would not pay for the one advertised!

Sorry!

Did anyone email the one in Bradford (the ad has gone)??

i think Kathryn and Gemma could foster the buns temporarily if a rescue would take on eventually?

Unfortunately my husband has asked me not to bring any potentially ill or carrying something animals here because of our other animals so am honouring his wishes for a change instead of doing whatever I want and verging on divorce! Kathryn is struggling for space but we have both said we don't mind picking the buns up and helping with a bunny run if we can. We'd both love to help but are struggling a bit with this one. :(

The owner has said that they are not currently housed together so hopefully the doe won't be pregnant. She said the buck is too old and doesn't have the energy to get asnyone pregnant :? Who knows!
I think Kathry could help with collecting/delivering but neither of them are able to foster these buns at the moment.

Hi All

I would be willing to take the elderly male bun. I'm in Nottingham, but could travel approx. half way to Blackburn if somebody could meet me somewhere mutually agreeable?

I have an elderly rescue rabbit (about 9 years old) who suffers from lots of age related problems, so I know how to care for oldies. I find it so upsetting when people say they're just waiting for their old buns to die :cry: :cry:

I have done plenty of bunny runs before, and I'm reliable. Honest! I used to be a member here many moons ago, and felt compelled to re-join to help out this old chap.

Regards

Amy

Hiya

That's a very kind offer! Both buns have been offered a space at Kay's Bunny Hops rescue, Kathryn is hoping to collect them and drop them off at Kay's tomorrow. Might be worth contacting Kay about rehoming him if you're interested, I know Kathryn is goin down to Nottingham at half term and I'm sure she'd do a bunny run for you :D

It got a bit confusing because it ended up being discussed and resolved on the sneaky ebay rabbit thread!

No problem. Nice to know he has somewhere to go!

I already have another oldie coming to me when I finally get my rabbit room sorted out (just moved house and have been waiting ages for workmen to do their stuff :roll: )

Offer still stands if needed.

Amy

Back