• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Oh no!!!!!!

Kim_w

Mama Doe
This morning I took my rabbit Rupert to a rescue home for his second bonding session with one of their girl bunnys, last week it went very well so we were really excited about going today. As we predicted it went well they were sat next to each other and enjoying being stroked by the lady at the sanctuary until Bailey (Ruperts future girlfriend!) started to hump his head, then she did it again and again!!!! Apart from that everything else went well so im going back on Wed for another go!! The lady has given me a litter tray and said I can prepare her cage and they have more or less filled in the adoption forms but even though they think it will be ok im a bit worried now!!

What do you all think?? :( :? :cry: :( :?

Sounds normal to me :lol: :lol: :lol:
You have to be careful if they hump the head end in case the other rabbit gets annoyed and bites them in a painful place :oops: Silly things, they do get confused sometimes!

Lola does it all the time to Rory. Start as you mean to go on I say, let those men know whos the boss :lol:
Tracy

It was quite funny!! The lady at the rescue home got her off his head straight away and my bunny didnt even seem bothered, he just sat there!! Im sure everything will be ok on wed because except for the humping incident everything went really well they didnt show any aggression to each other at all and they lady at the rescue home had them sat next to each other and was stroking them both and said they will think its each other grooming the other one!! They were both falling asleep it was really sweet!!
Think im just panicking a bit we reserved her about 3 weeks ago and are really looking forward to bringing her home!! :D :D

By separating them each time you're actually taking a step back, so I would think if it goes well next time bring her home! When I took Pippa for bonding it took about an hour before Kay was happy they were ok together and they came home together and have been loved up ever since :D Kay did say it was the easiest bonding she'd ever done though!

Thankyou, you are all putting my mind at rest!!! My boy is a big softie, Bailey is as well but its already clear that he will be under the thumb!!! :lol:

I know this is going off the subject off bonding but last night at about 2am Rupert decided he was going to dig up all the shavings and hay in his cage, I have only seen him do this once before ( both times are since he has been neutered) he kept big bunches of hay in his mouth and moving them to the other side of his cage, he seemed very "busy" like he had an important task at hand!!! (we know this bacause he lives in am indoor cage in my bedrrom which has a plastic base which makes a hell of a lot of noise when it is being dug at by a bunny on a mission) He has the free run of my bedroom all day everyday so this behaviour has confused us!!!

Back