• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Dreadful Day part 2.Update..Zoey look!

honeybunny

Wise Old Thumper
For those of you who have read this thread
http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/viewtopic.php?t=36755

I returned to the house today, along with Ange, to pick up rest of bunnies.
originally I was asked to take 22 but inbetween the man ringing me and me getting there sadly 3 babies had died...so I have only ( :shock: ) picked up the 19.
This is Milo who was living in the sideboard. He has a sticky right eye, is covered in urine and matts, and has a large chunk missing out of his right ear :cry:
Milo-1.jpg

Miloa.jpg

this is Dougal who Ange has fallen in love with. He has a small nick to left ear, covered in urine, stained and matted bites in right ear and to nose. He also has injuries to his testicles :cry:
Dougala.jpg

He is suprisingly friendly and seems confident as this pic shows...can also see his poorly nose
Dougalb.jpg

these 3 girls were living together, along with Grace and Cally who i got yesterday, in a 4 foot hutch..all sisters
Autumn..who may be pregnant..seems nice natured
Autumn.jpg

And Hettie, a very pretty girl and the pic doesn't show up how thin she is :(
Hettieautumnrear.jpg

And Peaches.sweet but thin and poor condition
Peaches.jpg

Then we have mum, Bridie..again very thin..
Hettiea.jpg

and her surviving 6 two week old babies
babiesg.jpg

Mum. sister and babies were in a 4 foot hutch with sawdust but nothing else! :(
and lastly this girl was living in with mum and babes but after watching her continually mount Bridie and bite her I decided to take her out..
She is very pretty white with grey spots on her back..so what else could I name her but Flower
Flower.jpg

And in the other thread I mentioned the tray 2 of the lads were living in..well i made a mistake it wasn't a bread tray...it was a small plastic crate with a bread tray for a lid..and here it is (now filled with rubbish)
tray.jpg

All these buns are going to be neutered ASAP. We will gradually work on cleaning them up but some are very scared of being handled so letting them settle first..they all tucked into their food as I don't think the owner was giving them very much to eat...they had not had veggies and hay was a treat :cry:
I was awake most of last night with a migrane and spent the time worrying about these rabbits..I'm relieved they are here but please pray for the babies as I don't think they have had the best start. :(
Big thanks to Ange for taking 5 of these buns to foster

Well done to you for getting them out, I can't believe the state of them and as for the crate :evil: I think Bridie is beautiful :love:

Good luck with them xx

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Oh gosh - i don't know how you do it.

the poor buns.

Well done for rescuing them.

Going to give my two an extra cuddle.

Sue
xx

So glad you have them all now. I will say a prayer for them . Flower is so sweet. Try and put your feet up now Jill, hard to do I bet. I cant believe the crate :evil: xx

OMG Jill :cry: Thank god you've got them now :D

You'd think one accidental litter would have been enough to make him at least separate them if he couldn't afford to get them neutered. Surely he knew they were ripping chunks out of each other? :shock: :x :cry:

People's stupidity never ceases to amaze me :x :x :x

You do such a wonderful job! Good luck with them all. :D

It's times like these that I feel so helpless :cry: Just wish I had the space to foster a few :cry: :cry:

OMG Jill! Those poor bunnies, they look so pitifull! :cry:
I`m not surprised you`ve had a migraine, i don`t know how you`re managing to cope with it all. :? You are an absolute star for helping these bunnies & so ofcourse is Ange too.
I`m sending bucket loads of positive vibes for the babies & big supportive hugs to you as i`m sure you must need them.

Sorry, nothing else constructive i can say.
Su.x

Ack! Oh those poor bunnies! Thank goodness you're there to help them. I wish I was on your side of the ocean so I could help. :(

They are all gorgeous buns - looks like they have suffered a lot :( glad they are safe now. :D You are doing such a wonderful job. :D

oh how awful :x :cry: :evil:

I just dont understnad why they would keep hold of them for so long and let things get to that stage!

Very glad they are safe now, well done x

Oh bless their little hearts... What those poor buns must have gone through.. :( :(
Must of been awful for you to collect & see those poor buns in such a state.
Karen x

They are all so gorgeous, even in their poor state. Well done for rescuing them, just wish I was closer so I could at least offer bunny hugs. Good luck with rehabilitating them x Jess

OMG that is terrible. Why do people not ask for help, or in the very least seperate the adults :twisted:

Well done Jill!, what a mess, what a shock and what heart breaking story, thank goodness you have got them all

Well done Angie!

I must say Jill does take me to the very best places!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Its no exageration, that room stank, it was so strong I wouldn't be surprised if it didn't travel through the whole house. Its hard to believe that anyone can leave it so long before seeking help. At least he has done that now and these poor bunnies can look forward to a better life.

Milo, who we were a little concerned after the journey in the car has recovered. Jane, I've hi-jacked one of your noserubs for him, hope you don't mind.

Both Milo & Dougal have matted fur, looks like an after work job for tomorrow when they have had a chance to settle in properly. Dougal is a lovely bunny and seems the calmer of the five at present, I'm sure he will make a fantastic pet for someone.

The three girls, Autumn, Peaches & Hetty seem to have enjoyed exploring their hutch and run. The entrance to the hutch is by a circular hole which they seem to take particular delight in going in and out of. Being on the thin side they can get two through at the same time. I have visions of them getting stuck when they have put weight on!!

Back