• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Insurance

tracyuk

Mama Doe
I am in the middle of renewing my car insurance and thought i really should get some for the buns. I could only find Petplan that insure them at £8.00 a month, does anyone know of anywhere else I can try before i commit.
Tracy

Mine aren't insured at the moment, its a difficult thing to weigh up whether its worth it or not. Smudge's surgery cost us £200! She's had a follow up, but the vet still wants to see her again cos he's not happy about the swelling, which will cost us more money. And on top of that Grace has had two bouts of stasis in the last 3 weeks plus needs her tear ducts flushing and a dental. Insurance would have covered Smudge's injury which would make things a bit easier. I'm getting quotes just to see if it woud be worth it.

Nicola

I am with Pinnacle Insurance - costs me £8.41 per mnth for each bunny, but I get one month free per year I think.

There are two options as to what excess to pay, as either a flat fee or a percentage if i remember rightly.

Amanda x

pet protect - i insure 4 of mine with them and it costs £6.72 for the 2 most recent

£55 excess

they pay out very quickly too - even without quibbling a £900 bill that was split between 2 different vets

i have to say i cant fault them

you cant get an online quote for bunnies - but if you ring they will give you one.

www.petprotect.co.uk

Back