• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vibes For My two little Princesses

cavysrock

Wise Old Thumper
I looked in the rabbit hutch this mornig to see..... :cry: two very poorly looking bunsters, They were sitting in the corner shivvering, even though it isn't cold and their hutch was coated in runny poo, i looked yesterday and there were only a few poos in the hutch :? I checked their bums and they were all pooey and so were their feet so i washed them, it took me hours to clean all the poo out the hutch so I have moved them into a smaller one for tonight so the rain will help wash the run out, I have some meds from the vet and i have cut out the veggies and made their pellet ration smaller so they are eating plenty of hay.
please send get well vibes to Holly and Flopsy, I am hoping it's not to serious.

Sounds like a vet job!

Do you wash their fruit and veg? there may have been pesticides on them, even after washing it can still contain it!

What did the vet prescibe? Did they have any idea what it was? Good of you to take them to the vets on a Sunday - does that cost more? Very worrying when they have poorly tummys - hope they get better soon x

cavysrock said:
kayjay said:
I hope they're ok, by the sound of it with lots of runny poo I'd get them to a vet asap.

"they have meds from the vet"

So you took them today? You know you cant just use old medicine and medicate them yourself.

i think you should take them to the vet asap if you havent already done so.

Hope they are ok x

i took them today and they are going again on wednesday, i can't remember the name of the meds i will have a look, the vet said it could be:
a sudden change of weather,
bad vegetables
as sezzy said, pesticides, i do wash th veg, but still

Glad they saw the vet and meds were given - hopefully that'll clear up the problem. Lots of hay as you said is a great way to get their poos nice and solid again. Good luck, I hope they'll be okay.

Vibes coming your way!

AMETHYST

Aww i hope they feel better soon! You're lucky you were able to see a vet! The two I use aren't open on a sunday, emergency vets have to be used (very expensive! :shock: ) Healing vibes xxx

If they are poorly and have mushy poos, I'd just feed pellets and hay, don't worry about cutting vegetables up small. I'd also throw out all the possible causes ie veggies they had for supper last night just incase. :wink:

Good luck! Sending vibes

Back