• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Kissing Bucks.........

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
Sir Victor Velveteen is having his 'free-range time' and is sat infront of new Buck Ryans Pen. They are kissing each other and grooming each other through the wire pen panel..... :shock: :? :?

Sir Vic has no decended plums and Ryan has one..... :?

Nah, silly to think I could bond them......

Janex

:lol: Have they read about the sheep experiments and are rebelling? :lol:

I think you should give it a go...dont other people on here have unrelated bonded bucks?

That sounds so sweet. My rex Joey and my lop eared Mr Chambers are bonded and have been for over four years. They have never fought and groom each other all the time. Super hutch mates ! They are both neutered. We call them the only two gay rabbits in the village :lol: :lol:

well they must like each other if they are kissing and grooming each other...

I would be too scared to try myself though :oops:

Aw is that "Ruby" now called Ryan?! Great name! If they're grooming and there's no animosity then it could be worth a try at bonding - Miles and Rocket are now good friends and they previously hated each other!

I say go for it, there's nothing to lose! :D

AMETHYST

I wouldn't totally rule it out. I bonded a 5yr old and a 3yr old with no trouble at all, less that many girl-boys. Usually if there going to fight they'll go at it but sometimes they just seem to get on :)

Although bear in mind Ryan may not have hit maturity yet considering he only has one plum down, and how old is Sir Vic.?

Nothing to lose trying though!
My Mike and Felix are bonded although they don't sleep together, Felix is neutered but Mike isn't! :)

I've known a fair number of people with male pairs, so don't rule it out. I've even known someone who successfully introduced a second male to a male-female pair. The boys were fine with each other, it's the girl who had issues with the newbie. :D

I currently have 3 boys and 2 girls living together, they have all come in at different times to each other, the same as all other bonding, do it on neutral ground and if it works it works!! I say go for it! x Jess

That how i decided to bond Max (3 years) and Oliver (6 years). Every time Max was scared or thought we were about to put him back in his hutch he would run to the front of Olivers hutch and look for him.

From the moment we tried them together they were fine.

Good Luck!

Back