• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rescue remedies- anti-chewing

Azraelm

Wise Old Thumper
Am interested in trying some of these out...

are there any that might help calm Audrey's chewing tendencies down? :? :oops: :lol:

Im not sure what emotions she is feeling when she is doing it as she seems to do it randomly!

:lol: Shes calmed down from earlier now but the skirting board is looking a bit sorry for itself :lol:

Hmm, maybe some calming herbs might help, lavander maybe? :? Or put something nasty tasting on the skirting boards so she gets a nasty taste in her mouth when she tries to chew them. :lol:

I know people have suggested garlic, soap, there is also a training spray which apparently tastes horrid (not tryed it myself). You could try lemon juice.

Thanks guys. Ive tried two of those training sprays and also got a pet shampoo and wiped it around- I caught her licking it off :shock:

Will try the lemon juice tho...and try and get hold of some lavender.

I find white vinegar works best for mine, just put some on a damp cloth and rub it over the area. They HATE the taste of it!

mandy said:
Thanks guys. Ive tried two of those training sprays and also got a pet shampoo and wiped it around- I caught her licking it off :shock:

Will try the lemon juice tho...and try and get hold of some lavender.

I wouldn't hold out too much hope on the old lemon juice front. I've just tried that myself and Gasket likes the taste of it! :roll:

Back