• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What does your vet think of you

Deelove

Wise Old Thumper
I talk all the pets to our vets for their check ups a few weeks back and I left thinking my vet must have felt I was a bit of a weirdo.

I got him to check on Molly's snuffly nose, (poor thing has allergies) He did a good check on his back teeth as I'd read somewhere that can cause a runny nose. (Molly did not like having his mouth pried open for so long at all!) The vet recommended vapo rub. It was Faline's turn next, she was very well behaved and got her claws clipped and etc, it was her first visit, I think she was petrified. She gave a good thump when she was put back in her carrier.

The thing that my vet thought was strange was that I was worried that I could hear Faline breathing... I can't hear Molly so I wanted to make sure. :p He informed me that maybe she's just a heavy breather. Then gave me a very odd look :lol:

Please share a story to make me not feel so stupid.

last time I was in with Marcel, my vet did all the routine checks ontop of what I was there for, teeth, bum, nails etc then she said, 'just flip Eddie bun over so I can check his bottom' I replied 'Eddie does not like being picked up' she said 'how do you check his bum then' 'like this' I said as I proceeded to wiggle my fingers underneath his tail :oops: true to form, Eddie raised his bottom to show us in full glory :lol: :lol: my vet said 'well he certainly likes that method' the nurse said 'what man wouldn't' :lol: :lol: :lol:

I once saw a vet who thought I was wierd because I wouldnt let him pick Malibu up. I said she didnt like it and he said it doesnt really matter what she likes she is a rabbit :shock:

My new vet is lovely though and told me that he wished more people took their rabbits to the vets for health checks and vacs

Denny said:
I said as I proceeded to wiggle my fingers underneath his tail :oops: true to form, Eddie raised his bottom to show us in full glory :lol: :lol: my vet said 'well he certainly likes that method' the nurse said 'what man wouldn't' :lol: :lol: :lol:

Great. that really made me laugh :)

My vet thinks I am absolutly wonderful especially at the end of the month when I pay my bill!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hmmmm, what my vet thinks of me... well with two buns with relatively serious dental problems, I'm sure I can see the $ signs light up in his eyes every time I walk in...

:wink:

Mine miss me when they dont see me for a couple of weeks lol!!!!
When Isaac had emergency surgery at the end of november he was very close to not pulling through - and the nurse said there was no way she was letting him go anywhere cos she knew he was one of mine! lol -- :) but it was a good job she didnt too!

Whenever my vet sees me in the waiting room I can see him thinking "Oh please no, let it be the cat, please not the rabbits - my scratches have only just healed up from last time!" :oops: :lol: :lol: :lol: My girls aren't very good with strangers trying to check them over! :wink: :angel: :mrgreen:

My vets know me by my voice because when I first got my kittens last summer I had to call them nearly every week with a new, serious, health problem. Ear mites, URIs, Lily sprained her tail, repeats of ear mites and URIs, Lily being overweight, food sensitive, and getting Feline Herpes...

I don't know if they have an opinion about me with the rabbits yet. They know I watch them closely and have complemented me on how I take care of them.

mine know me because of the embarrassing infections my rescues come in with :oops:
the kittens had chlamydia the buns syphilis....
i called to make an appointment for aspen recently...
'hi i'd like to make an appointment for my rabbit please'
'what the problem?'
'i think she has syphilis'
'oh hi donna, bring her in'
:shock: :shock: :oops: :oops:
so i am the only person in the whole of you practice that has runny bunnies eh? nice.

hi my name is donna and i collect animals with vd :oops:

The receptionist recognises my voice- Me "Good Morning I have a rabbit I would like to be neutered" She " Ah Good morning Miss R****** let me just see when I can fit him in... will you be bringing anyone else with you?" I am notorious for combining up to three animals into one vet visit. Not much fun on the bus...
but plenty of money for the vets.

Generally though I just see a look of amusement on their face when I walk in. I think I must have a nickname like the crazy rabbit lady or something! :oops:

Phone conversations usually start with "which animal would you like to bring in today, Miss ....?"

The receptionists (and most of the vets) know us so well, they usually just point us in the direction of the seats, and say "Back again!"

On Mayas last visit Mark commented on how calm Maya was. And how he usually has to sedate bunnies for tear duct flushing!! The vets are usally very pleased on how i handle all my animals (BIG head!!)

LMAO @ Denny! :lol:

I think my vets think I'm mental, verging on paranoid. :lol: Although new locum, supposed bunny expert said he wished more people were as vigilant. I think the vet nurse / receptionist thinks I'm mental from the amount of £8 bags of Oxbow timothy hay I get through! :D

my vet is very good at handling me now :lol: she braces herself for an argument every time, and actually discusses everything with me - I'm sure she finds me extremely tiresome, but I just want what's best for my animals, so maybe she forgives me a bit? :)

So far we've seen 3 different vets in the same surgery, but they all start and end our visit with 'she's a big girl' and raising eyebrows :shock:

My vet comments how healthy and well cared for my buns are and says it's a shame more buns aren't cared for like mine are. They probably think I'm crazy for spoiling and loving my buns so much. Most of my family think I am :oops: . Off to the vets next week cos Snowy's getting her vhd vaccination.

Back