• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hum

doorkeeper

Mama Doe
Poor Hum didn't wake up from the anesthetic when she had her eye removed :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

She is survived by her sister Whisper and her husbun Mortimer.

Run free brave girl.

Thank you everyone.

Poor Hum had a difficult life. She was poked in the eye by a toddler a few years ago, and was part of a big rescue by the RSPCA. For some inexplicable reason they rehomed her to live in a tiny hutch where her muscles wasted away until she fell over when she tried to jump :cry: When she came to me she had mites, pus dribbling from her nose and eye and teeth so bad she couldn't eat :cry: :cry: The roots protruded through her bottom jaw the bone was so bad:( She spent a couple of months in a dog crate in my bedroom with her sister Whisper on antibiotics. Once the pus was under control and I had fed her up a bit she had a dental and her front teeth removed. Remarkably all her symptoms calmed down and she ended up binkying round the dog crate 8) in the middle of the night :roll: and was able to come off the antibiotics and move up to the rescue where she and Whisper (who had similiar treatment) were able to have one of our large pens and enjoy more space. They also met their Husbun Mortimer an old soul who is a bit wobbly on his legs these days. It was love immediatly :D They had a few good months together and then Hum began to loose weight and the discharge from her nose came back, and pus appeared behnd the scarring in her eye :cry: :cry: :cry: Strong antibiotics controled the discharge, and syringe feeding got her weight back up but the abcess in her eye meant that it needed to come out. It was her best chance but it was too much for her :cry: :cry: :cry:

I am glad to have know this strong little character, and proud to have improved her life during the time she was with me.

hum.jpg

RIP Hum.

Louise, I'm so sorry about little Hum. Bless you for giving her love and happiness in the last few months of her life. Binky free girl, you'll have no more pain now.x

Back